Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old May 31, 2006, 5:42 AM   #21

Do the above methods of working with olderPentax-compatiblelenses apply to all the Pentax dslr's?

A dealer told me the ist DL would not work properly with a manual Tokina k-mount zoom lense, but I'm getting the impression he didn't know what he was talking about (and lost a sale)!!
soundbyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2006, 4:34 PM   #22

you dont have to half press the shutter. to me it's just easier to press the AE-L button and then fire the shutter''
Old May 31, 2006, 7:50 PM   #23

soundbyer wrote:
Quote:
A dealer told me the ist DL would not work properly with a manual Tokina k-mount zoom lense, but I'm getting the impression he didn't know what he was talking about (and lost a sale)!!
I have a DL, it works with all manner of Pentax K-mount lens using the methods described here. As we have ascertained in the other thread, the salesman was indeed an idiot ( for those who disagree with this disparaging remark remember, if you work in a camera store you really should know something about cameras)

Ira
Monza76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1, 2006, 9:17 AM   #24

Roy robar wrote:
Quote:
if you are using a bayonet lens that is capable of stopping down then you use the cam in M mode, set your aperture, and hit the AeL button to stop down the lens and get a reading.. i use a little trick with manual K & M lenses. say tou have a f4 lens and you want to shoot at f8. put the cam in Av mode and set the cam up to give you +2 exposure.. cool

roy
Roy

I understand your logic with under exposing, but that would not effect the DOF would it? you would still have the shorter DOF at F4 that at F8!!:-)
Peacekeeper is offline   Reply With Quote