Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old May 25, 2006, 9:02 PM   #1

took my A*300 in to see what they could do for my scratched lens, aperture and focus problem. they took it apart, cleaned it up inside, and said they couldn't fix it.. they were talking about the scratch in the lens.. what ever he did to it in the disassembly and reassemble worked wonders.. i don't seem to have any problem with it now. it meters and focuses so much better. total $15us. while i was there i looked thru the used filters. got 2 tiffens, a 1b and a 1a, 49mm, at B&H about $30
a hoya HMC UV 52mm=$18
a tiffen 58mm UV = $22
a hoya HMC 55mm UV = $18
and the best deal is a tiffen 62mm circular polarizer, at B&H = $51

these were all suppose to be $5 each. a great deal at that price. i asked him if he'd make me a volume discount.. he looked at them and said he'd give them all to me for $10+tax.. dah! straight faced i paid him.. these are all in pristine shape. they really needed cleaning tho.. $27 for an almost fixed lens and a $130 worth of filters.. must say i'm a happy camper..

roy
Sponsored Links
Old May 25, 2006, 11:59 PM   #2

Very good deal on the filters to say the least. Scratched lens is an understatement, but if they can take it apart could they take the front element of a different 300mm Pentax lens and replace the one you have-are they the same size?

Tom
ennacac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26, 2006, 6:52 AM   #3

yes they could tom. problem is finding another M* or A* to salvage the lens. pentax no longer has them..

roy