Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old May 26, 2006, 9:06 PM   #1

I did this test using my Tamron 90mm Macro lens, with the first image trying for DOF with a close up of the Tree Frog. The second image is the same frog as close as the lens could focus and the last image is the lens, with a set of Kenko Extension Tubes at maximum magnification. I did not have the tubes with me when I shot the frog, and I did not have a tripod, which you need with the tubes at maximum also.

Tree Frog on log using Tamron Macro lens.

The frog at maximum magnification

Tamron Macro/Extansion Tubes

ennacac is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 26, 2006, 9:15 PM   #2

ennacac wrote:
Quote:
I did this test using my Tamron 90mm Macro lens, with the first image trying for DOF with a close up of the Tree Frog. The second image is the same frog as close as the lens could focus and the last image is the lens, with a set of Kenko Extension Tubes at maximum magnification. I did not have the tubes with me when I shot the frog, and I did not have a tripod, which you need with the tubes at maximum also.
Good work.
Really not easy to get these. I have just made around 100 pict on macro. Well I need to have more patience and above all skill too.

Daniel
danielchtong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26, 2006, 9:57 PM   #3

great shots tom.
the last one is about what i've gotten with a reversed 28mm. of course the distance with the 28 is <1''.. for me - way to close... but it is cheap...

roy
Old May 26, 2006, 9:59 PM   #4

sorry, but the frog must have been awful small with that much of him at 1:1.. 2'' long maximum. am i correct??

roy
Old May 26, 2006, 10:47 PM   #5

Roy,

The frog was about the size of a quarter!

Tom
Old May 26, 2006, 11:16 PM   #6

this guy is about a foot long.. they grow them big here in texas...LOL

Old May 27, 2006, 1:59 AM   #7

And how do you say "Please don't move" in Froggish? All these shots are good for showing the lens' capacity, but #1 is really nice in it's own right!

What do you call yours, Roy? Watchfrog?:G

Kjell
bilybianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2006, 2:13 PM   #8

The Tree Frogs we have around here are usually out at night and I found this on on the window screen and moved him to the log by the garden. Once he found out he was in no danger, my biggest problem was keeping his eyes open for the photos as he kept falling asleep.

I like the first photo too, with the color of the log and the frog blending so well.

We don't have Bullfogs that large around here outside of the zoo.

Tom
Old May 27, 2006, 4:40 PM   #9

ennacac wrote:
Quote:
The Tree Frogs we have around here are usually out at night and I found this on on the window screen and moved him to the log by the garden. Once he found out he was in no danger, my biggest problem was keeping his eyes open for the photos as he kept falling asleep.

I like the first photo too, with the color of the log and the frog blending so well.

We don't have Bullfogs that large around here outside of the zoo.

Tom
ACTUALLY , WHEN WE BOUGHT THE HOUSE THERE WAS ONE THAT LIKED TO SLEEP ONE THR FRONT,oops, stoop. try walking out the door and have a 14'' bullfrom leap about 4' thru the air. it's heart stopping.. we named him freddie.

hey, look out for freddie..

roy