Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old May 29, 2006, 4:58 PM   #11

I'm persistent in keeping the icicle as my candidate for "photo of the year", but amongst my own these are my favourites since I bought the beloved DS.

No 1:
Attached Images

bilybianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29, 2006, 5:00 PM   #12

And No 2:

Attached Images

bilybianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29, 2006, 5:01 PM   #13

hehehe

this one is a favorite. not the top favorite but it'll fit in here quite well.

Old May 29, 2006, 8:25 PM   #14

Ira...wow...tough decision, indeed. I've had my DS2 for about 6 months now, and would be very hard pressed to pick ONE favorite. That said, here goes...

This one has special meaning to me, because it was my first outing with my new DS2 in December 2005, on a business trip to Florida. The seagull flew into the frame, and I experienced firsthand the lack of shutter lag. (My previous camera was a Kodak P&S, which would have been still deciding where to focus long after the bird flew away). Not the greatest photo, perhaps, but a fine introduction to the capabilities of my new Pentax.

Thanks for challenging us to make these decisions, Ira :-)

Dan
Attached Images

dan-mx-ds2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29, 2006, 8:38 PM   #15

I like the range of pictures displayed in this thread ... ice was already melted when I got the DL so I'm going to cop out on my one "all-time favourite" 'cause I just don;t have enough history ... but the good news is that each day I now enjoy taking pictures ... this is my favourite takenthis week :-)

Cheers, Mike
Attached Images

mgedit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29, 2006, 8:45 PM   #16

Kjell, Water Strider, I lived near a brook as a kid and had lots of fun watching these.

Dan, very nice the bird certainly elevates that above your average sunset.

Great shot Mike.

Very funny Roy:lol:, seriously, great detail in the trapped air bubbles and the sparkle of those highlights.

Ira
Monza76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29, 2006, 11:32 PM   #17

All these are great photos! While I have some that I like more than others, I don't have any that really stand out. On one of the other threads that I was reading this evening, someone mentioned about the difference between people that take nice pictures and those that take ones that pop. So many of everyone else's photos jump out at you, and very few of mine do (sigh). Someday I'll take a really good photo and be happy to include it here. Meanwhile, I'll take a ton of photos, try new things (like the extension tube idea and others) and have a blast trying to take a really GOOD photo!
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2006, 12:22 PM   #18

i like this picture because i never seen this before in lighting.
Attached Images

Andre_L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2006, 12:35 PM   #19

This is the one I like the best because it is the first time I used a screw mount (M42) Pentax lens on my DS and I was very happy with the results.

Tom
ennacac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2006, 1:23 AM   #20

I shot this supercell thunderstorm earlier in May in Barton County, Mo. I e-mailed the shot to the National Weather Service Office in Springfield, mo. and a meteorologist there told me they confirmed a tornado touchdown under the middle of this storm at the same time this shot was taken. Weather photos are a specialty of mine.
Attached Images

jhacker is offline   Reply With Quote