Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old May 30, 2006, 3:46 AM   #1

Hey there.

I have done a search and couldn't find anything about this lens using Pentax unfortunatly :sad:

Has anyone used or own one of these lenses? I am interested in purchasing one a bit later on in the year for Motorsport Photography and general Photography.

From what I have read, this lens using the Pentax mount does not have the HSM focusing system? is this correct?

I am also considering the 80-200 f/2.8 from Tokina but have had trouble finding any for sale in Pentax mount.

The lens will be used with a *istDS and eventually a 1.4 TC and Sigma Flash.

If you could please share your experiences, thoughts or sample images I would be forever greatful.

For the Australians out there, where are you getting your equipment from and who should I be going to if I want to get my mirror and sensor cleaned as it's getting a bit dirty.

Thanks.
Chris.
brasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 30, 2006, 3:48 AM   #2

I was also looking at this lens but haven't gone through with it. As for camera maintenance in Aust, I live in Sydney and Fletchers is a good place to go to - go to www.fletchers.com.auto see if they have a store near you.

Or Ted's is another decent one I think.

Patang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2006, 6:17 AM   #3

try here for tools for cleaning. they may have an outlet downunder but i'm not sure.

https://www.micro-tools.com/store/Ma...CategoryCode=6
Old May 30, 2006, 1:58 PM   #4

I'm reluctant to personallydo more than squirt air on my lens - I'd die if I messed it up. So far just using a hand bulb air blower has been all that I've needed on the sensor, though the mirror or the viewfinder has dust on it that doesn't blow off. I don't mind that as much as seeing dust marks from the sensor. I figured that when the dust got too bad (or the dust on the mirror that doesn't come off bothers me enough) I'd probably take it to one of the several of local camera shops that handle repairs.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2006, 4:56 PM   #5

H,
cleaning the sensor is a breeze. people think that's it's fragile which is dead wrong. of course i will admit the 1st time i did it i had the shakes. just make sure you have an ac adapter when you do it..

roy
Old Jun 1, 2006, 9:43 AM   #6

I've been lucky my Pentax repairman has done mine three times with compressed air (regulator and filtered) for FREE.
Peacekeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1, 2006, 9:50 AM   #7

As for the original question about the Sigma 70-200mm f/2.8 EX DG Macro APO, I had the lens (non DG version) and it was very sharp, fairly light weight considering and produced extremely sharp images.

I am not convinced that the DG version is worth the extra money as I had a deifferent Sigma lens with in two versions, one DG the other the original version and I could not see anything different about the DG images.

Tom
ennacac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2, 2006, 7:42 AM   #8

try here for reviews

http://www.photozone.de/active/news/index.jsp

roy
Old Jun 5, 2006, 3:36 AM   #9

Thanks for your help guys.

I think this lens will definately make me happy.
brasher is offline   Reply With Quote