Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jun 4, 2006, 4:32 AM   #1

I went to a group called Toronto Photo Meetup group session shooting indoor this Saturday.
Attached Images

danielchtong is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 4, 2006, 4:34 AM   #2

All with 28mm2.8. No flash of course. About 20 of us swarming the little church with tripods.

Daniel
Attached Images

Old Jun 4, 2006, 8:42 AM   #3

dan,
these are all nice and very detailed but do they represent the actual colors. it seems to me that a custom wht balance would have been better.

roy
Old Jun 4, 2006, 12:27 PM   #4

Actually, I like the colors--they work well for me. The detail in the shots is awesome.
Rickst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4, 2006, 1:28 PM   #5

Taken with my favorite lens 135mm2.8. Sort of like flattened. That would have been different if I used a wider angle lens.

Daniel
Attached Images

Old Jun 4, 2006, 1:29 PM   #6

robar wrote:
Quote:
dan,
these are all nice and very detailed but do they represent the actual colors. it seems to me that a custom wht balance would have been better.

roy
Hi Roy,
I have no clue which is better or not. I have used AWB . The source of light was very complex all coming from stained glass of the church as shown. I am sorry about the underexposed and overexposed area which was unavoidable.

Daniel
Attached Images

Old Jun 4, 2006, 7:45 PM   #7

I think they're awesome! I love the organ pipes, and thought the roof photos were well done. I've been pretty pleased with the auto white balance and know what you mean about complex light sources - I took some photos in a library and thought the AWB did a decent job. I want to go back when I have a longer, faster lens than the one I was using (used a 24 2.8 and it was too wide for what I wanted to capture) - I was disappointed with mine. You have given me courage to try it again.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4, 2006, 8:06 PM   #8

mtngal wrote:
Quote:
I think they're awesome! I love the organ pipes, and thought the roof photos were well done. I've been pretty pleased with the auto white balance and know what you mean about complex light sources - I took some photos in a library and thought the AWB did a decent job. I want to go back when I have a longer, faster lens than the one I was using (used a 24 2.8 and it was too wide for what I wanted to capture) - I was disappointed with mine. You have given me courage to try it again.
I believe 24mm2.8 is more than fast enough as all the pict above were at exactly f8 - a sweet spot for most lens. A steady tripod is a must too.

Daniel
Old Jun 6, 2006, 2:45 PM   #9

I uploaded some of pict I took at
http://www.pbase.com/danieltong/tpmg
Well there is some improvement on the image quality and US$23 out of my pocket for a year's use.

Daniel