Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jun 7, 2006, 4:52 PM   #1

there is not a spot, mar, blemish or any dust in this lense. it came with the box, inst. manual, and warranty card. it's the best looking lense i own and i take good care of my equipment.
the build quality is phenomenal. it's heavy, but to me that spells quality.. around 140usd delivered.. so far i've only the box shot. i just hope i don't bore all of you to death with macros. this is a 1:1 macro and i'm itching to couple it with Ex tubes.

roy
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Old Jun 7, 2006, 6:51 PM   #2

Sounds like a good lens, I need a good macro but can't afford it, boo hoo. I have my close up filter set which is ok ish but not the same as a good quality lens.

Been tring to win more money tonight, got through to the show but gave a wrong answer, seems to be the story of my life lately.

I need to win some money soon cos I NEED more lenses!

Alison
alibunnylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7, 2006, 7:32 PM   #3

alison,
where are you winning money??
as far as a macro lens goes, do you have maybe an older 50mm lens? if so you can reverse it and have a poormans macro. i still like shooting with mine.. or do you have a sorry 2x converter.

roy
Old Jun 7, 2006, 8:06 PM   #4

robar wrote:
Quote:
alison,
where are you winning money??
as far as a macro lens goes, do you have maybe an older 50mm lens? if so you can reverse it and have a poormans macro. i still like shooting with mine.. or do you have a sorry 2x converter.

roy

We have quiz shows on television where the viewers phone in with their answer, it's usually pretty much a guessing game and pure luck as to whether you get it right or not. I don't phone in cos that's expensive, I use the free web entries, hehehe.

Just wish I could win some more money.

I don't have anoolder standard lens unfortunately, have already thought of the reverse mounting option, I don't really want to use the one that came with the camera though so would need to buy another one specially.

I have also thought about the converter but again, not enough money. Will sort something out sooner or later though.

Alson

Old Jun 8, 2006, 1:48 AM   #5

hi ,

can anyone pls tell me of a coverter lense for pentax DL

thanks

Al
BluTongue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8, 2006, 5:21 AM   #6

al, i asked about the converter lens because most all of the 2x converters are junk. but---- if you take the glass out of them they make good extension tubes so you can use a regular lens as a macro. only if it has an aperture ring tho.
Old Jun 8, 2006, 4:54 PM   #7

a couple from this lense. the worm was long so it was shot at 1:2. the spider at 1:1. full frame resizes ...
this one --who knows. i can't tell if it's 2 bugs or one. i also can't tell if it's coming or going.

this little jumping spider is only about 1/8'' wide. i'll catch him later..

roy
Old Jun 8, 2006, 6:13 PM   #8

robar wrote:
Quote:
al, i asked about the converter lens because most all of the 2x converters are junk. but---- if you take the glass out of them they make good extension tubes so you can use a regular lens as a macro. only if it has an aperture ring tho.

Ah right, hadn't thought of that idea, however, it's probably cheaper to buy an extension tube set really, have seen some on ebay I think, still gotta wait til I have some money though! lol!

I could certainly do with something to get even closer for my macro shots.

Aliosn
Old Jun 8, 2006, 6:14 PM   #9

Eeeww, me no like spiders, however, your little jumping chappy looks quite cute! lol!

That's one very interesting worm with the eggs on it's back, isnt' nature just so intersting.

Alison
Old Jun 8, 2006, 7:12 PM   #10

alibunnylady wrote:
Quote:
robar wrote:
Quote:

Ah right, hadn't thought of that idea, however, it's probably cheaper to buy an extension tube set really, have seen some on ebay I think, still gotta wait til I have some money though! lol!

I could certainly do with something to get even closer for my macro shots.

Aliosn
actually the 2x converters are usually cheaper than the aperture coupled ETs..