Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jun 10, 2006, 11:12 PM   #11

The bee also looks green to me, and the background very green. Petals are more purple on my screen too.......Don.

John H wrote:
Quote:
To me, the background foliage is much more green, as is the bee, and the flower petals are much more purple. Before, the petals hadmore pink.
thekman620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2006, 11:19 PM   #12

Hi,

I did a quick Edit of the original pic that you posted. Is this how you saw it when you looked thru the viewfinder? I hope you don't mind that I played with your picture.

bluwing
Attached Images

bluwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2006, 8:31 AM   #13

Thanks to robar and bluwing for playing with my picture. They give good points of comparison. The one I posted is the closest to the "actual" colours I saw when I took the picture (at least on my monitor). That is the colour I "see" with Windows pix viewer, Paint Shop Pro, and Corel Photo Paint. The last post by bluwing looks to me very much like the sort of result I get on my system with Photoshop CS. It looks "darker" overall and the colours look "dull". Robar's version is not "pink" enough on the flower and the background appears a little too green.

Cheers, Mike
mgedit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2006, 9:11 AM   #14

Hi,

I use Paint Shop Pro 10.3. I used maybe a little to much burn in the layer that I added to my first edit. Here is a little different edit.

Rudy (bluwing)
Attached Images

Old Jun 11, 2006, 9:49 AM   #15

Thanks Rudy ... still looks a little dark and not pink enough on my monitor compared to what I see outside and what my monitor shows. That's really my "problem" ... my eye, thecamera, and my monitor seem pretty close with everything but Adobe Photoshop. I appreciate your efforts and will continue to try to find a way here to have all programs display the same.

Cheers, Mike
mgedit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2006, 8:38 AM   #16

Hi Mike,

I use something like this to calibrate my monitor. It is simply going from black to white. Here is one from Dpreviews website.

DPReview calibrate their monitors using Color Vision OptiCal at the (fairly well accepted) PC normal gamma 2.2, this means that on our monitors we can make out the difference between all of the (computer generated) grayscale blocks below. We recommend to make the most of this review you should be able to see the difference (at least) between X,Y and Z and ideally A,B and C.

If you can see all the different shades from Black to White, you should be pretty close to where you want to be.

Rudy