Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jun 9, 2006, 6:55 AM   #1

I'm still trying to get my monitor calibrated and am still not making the progress I would have liked. Here is a shot of a bee on lupins (they are light pink). I'd appreciate comments on what the actual colours and exposure look like to those with properly calibrated monitors. I'd like to reach a stage where all of the image-manipulation software present the same "look" ...I'm still getting two completely different looks depending on the program.

Cheers, Mike
Attached Images

mgedit is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 9, 2006, 4:27 PM   #2

mike, it looks fine to me, maybe a tad soft. we don't have anything to go by.

roy
Old Jun 9, 2006, 4:34 PM   #3

Thanks Roy ... what could I do to give you something to compare with? One other option I wondered about was having people make it look "right" on their calibrated monitor and repost here ... would I then be able to see a difference? ... I'm not sure.

Cheers, Mike

Old Jun 9, 2006, 6:54 PM   #4

mgedit wrote:
Quote:
what could I do to give you something to compare with? One other option I wondered about was having people make it look "right" on their calibrated monitor and repost here ... would I then be able to see a difference? ... I'm not sure.

Cheers, Mike

exactly! i don't know how you could give us an example because it's your machine and it's your programs and we will see it differently than you do.. there's a lot of info here, you'll need to browse the site tho..

http://luminous-landscape.com/

roy
Old Jun 9, 2006, 7:08 PM   #5

Thanks Roy ... will have a look at the site you recommended.

Cheers, Mike

Old Jun 10, 2006, 8:24 AM   #6

Hi Mike. Here's a good tutorial oncolour mangement. If you use photoshop, it will lead you through the monitorcalibration, andphotoshop colour management so your pictures will matchwhen viewing on your browser or editor etc. Hope this helps...Don. http://www.skeller.ch/ps/color_management.php
thekman620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2006, 1:47 PM   #7

Thanks Don ... will all the help I'm getting I should get this sorted out soon. I think my problem may be that I set the colour space with Corel or with the Monitorsoftware before and the Adobe Gamma seems to be conflicting in some way ... going through the set up steps is ineffective. I think some disabling may be needed of some of the earlier settings.

Cheers, Mike
Old Jun 10, 2006, 2:00 PM   #8

Another couple offactors in getting the color right is that not everybody see`s color exactly the same. I have a friend that has a hard time with lighter shades of blue and green. Also, ambient light will affect the way a color might look. If you look at a picture under atungsten light, and then take the same picture and look at it under sun light, the color will look different.
John H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2006, 5:41 PM   #9

i ran a enhance action i wrote on your pic but it doesn't show how i see it or anyone else..
Attached Images

Old Jun 10, 2006, 9:31 PM   #10

To me, the background foliage is much more green, as is the bee, and the flower petals are much more purple. Before, the petals hadmore pink.
John H is offline   Reply With Quote