Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jun 11, 2006, 8:32 AM   #1

Finally got a chance to use them properly - I think!

Attached Images

Fred666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 11, 2006, 10:07 AM   #2

Nice photo.¬* I love how blurred the background is.¬* I think you have some sensor dust on the top and bottum left.
TravisG5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2006, 12:56 PM   #3

The 135mm lens is a K-mount, so manual only. Plus used all 3 ext-tubes for 68mm and placed on a tripod about 6 inches from the flower. f8 1/60 second, but auto bracketed 1/3 either way, then HDR merged in Photoshop.

Focussing is a pain in the arse for macro! :sad:Only got about 2mm on the focus ring and the same in distance from subject - mind yo the flower is only 1 inch in diameter.

The dust spot I am going to have to watch for. Don't really want to have to clean the sensor as the camera is only a month old!

Dal :|
Fred666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2006, 7:22 PM   #4

Great shot. Wildflowers, especially in the wild with the wind and all are a pain in the whatever to shoot, but the results can be worth it. Speaking of dust on the sensor, the manual says use air to blow away any debris. I got my istDL two months ago, I haven't had the nerve to try to clean the sensor, but I think I have dust too.How do you vets out there clean the sensors on your cameras??
jhacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2006, 8:17 PM   #5

All I've done is used a hand blower to blow air on the sensor, and that took care of the dust on my lens (and I had it bad - got caught in a gust of wind when changing my lens, dropped the lens cap (which got lost somewhere in the snow) and was lucky I didn't fall over myself - I was snowshoeing in the mountains). Now I just do that every so often when I notice some dust and it takes care of it. I've been afraid to do more than that (and the air blower has worked fine). Make sure your blower is one without the brush.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 2006, 11:25 PM   #6

As far as getting the just off of your sensor, from what I understand you have a few choices. 1. you can spend $$ to get it professionally cleaned. 2. you can go to your local camera shop & pay $20 for camera dust remover or 3.(my favorite which was recommended by a professional) go to local drugstore & pay $2 for a baby's rubber bulb syringe (like for sucking out mucus out of a baby's nose).

I done it a few times now with my dl & haven't had a problem yet. In fact, I have made it a rule of thumb after doing any outdoor shooting. That way you don't have to worry about it the next time.

Good Luck,

Ron
wadue is offline   Reply With Quote