Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jun 11, 2006, 10:31 AM   #1

Well I investigated what I thought was an error in recorded exif data. I've been taking so many pictures lately, that I got my 50-200mm photos mixed up with my new FA *300 photos. . In the original post, the 2 flower pics were from the 50-200da lens, but the bird photos were the fa 300. When I viewed the RAW photos in Pentax Browser, it gave me the right lens name. Sorry for the mixup. Here's a few more samples of the fa 300....I really like this lens......cheers.....Don.

1. This was handheld using the Tamron 1.4tc. Aperture set at f/4.5, and shutter at 1/1600 at iso 800. I thought I'd need a fast shutter obviously when shooting at 420mm.
Attached Images

thekman620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 11, 2006, 10:36 AM   #2

2. Handheld at iso 1600, f/4.5, shutter 250. Got lucky on this one. It was in very poor light, but still managed to get a half a__ed shot. No noise reduction on this. I'm finally learning about using higher iso. If you do, make sure you get a proper exposure, even over a little in shooting raw, as you can back it off a little when processing. The noise is better controlled. I've always underexposed, but now, I'm changing lanes.
Attached Images

Old Jun 11, 2006, 10:39 AM   #3

3. Shot at f/4.5, shutter 1/500 at iso 400. Handheld also.
Attached Images

Old Jun 11, 2006, 10:45 AM   #4

4. Another at f/4.5, shutter 1/3200, at iso 400. This lens is a dream for me to use. Fast enough for handheld shots without hauling the tripod around. It's a little heavy, but not enough to wear me out. Should be fun when they come out with the stableized body.........cheers..........Don.
Attached Images

Old Jun 11, 2006, 10:46 AM   #5

all 3 are great but the frog really stands out.

roy
Old Jun 11, 2006, 9:00 PM   #6

All are awesome, especially the frog! I've been very surprised at how you can slightly over-expose and still have detail to work with, especiallywhen shooting raw. I'm tending to dothe samething you are now-with my old camera I always exposed to the brightest spotin the frame. Now I'm letting the camera figure it out unless it will blow out thehighlights totally. Love havingthe instant feedback to see if theexposure needs adjusting.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote