Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jun 14, 2006, 7:18 PM   #1

with the samsung dslr clonehitting the streets, will steve start a new forum for it or will this forum be designated pentax/samsung. personally, i have no problem with pentax/samsung..

roy
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 14, 2006, 7:29 PM   #2
Administrator

We'll have to see what Steve thinks about when it starts shipping.

Steve did combine the Konica Minolta DSLR and Sony Alpha DSLR forums into one forum. But, in that case, Konica Minolta had decided to exit the camera business.

In the case of Pentax/Samsung, both will be marketing cameras under their own brand names. So, it's different (even if the camera bodies are virtually identical except for brand names).

Combining them into one forum is probably a good option to look at as a possible solution, since members with both camera models could share ideas within the same forum.

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2006, 8:16 PM   #3

Jim C

Initally that might be a good solution, as the First series of cameras out will be rebadged Pentax IstDL2. So sharing would work.
However, i read some place that the next generation of Samsug cameras will be Different from the Pentax cameras. So at that point the mix really does not Work.

Just my thoughts
Black Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2006, 8:58 PM   #4

jim, i also wondered how long it take admin to respond to this. you answered my ???
thanks

BK, the samsung will still be accepting all pentax lenses. that will be their base or MO.. i think it should be a pentax/samsung forum as it would keep both on their toes as far as upgrades and lense release dates go.. pentax has killed a number of VERY good lense lines. it makes me wonder if samsung will reintroduce them. i'm really not much interested in the DA line..

just my 2 cents worth,
roy
Old Jun 14, 2006, 9:04 PM   #5

Robar

Thats true on the lenses. However if questions are asked about Menus or Firmware, then How is a Pentax Owner to Help. You cannot Be sure if its the same or different.

Again please understand-I am Not against a Pentax/Samsung Forum, just making an observation

BK
Black Knight is offline   Reply With Quote