Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jun 19, 2006, 12:21 AM   #11
TDN

jelpee wrote:
Quote:
Ira, on the subject of screens, does Pentax make a 9 square grid screen (aids in composition) which can be retrofitted into the DL? I understand the Nikon D70 (biting my toungue as I speak) has a composition grid which can be turned on/off. My Pentax Optio 550 has such a composition grid which I find very useful in composition (keeping horizons straight, using the rule of thirds, etc)?
take a look over here: http://66.147.229.44/page--Custom-Gr...gridlines.html
TDN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2006, 1:14 AM   #12

I have the LL-60 screen in my DL and thank god I do, I am a shocker at keeping my camera level without it...:blah:
Peacekeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2006, 4:40 AM   #13

jelpee wrote:
Quote:
Ira, on the subject of screens, does Pentax make a 9 square grid screen (aids in composition) which can be retrofitted into the DL?

I think that question has been well answered here. And the LL-60 is a genuine Pentax part.

Ira
Monza76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2006, 9:45 AM   #14

All of the *istD series cameras use the same interchangeable focus screens, I hope Pentax continues that trend with the K100/110D series cameras. I now have the large split prism finder in my DL and it is dead-on accurate for focus. Since it is not a big distraction, and doesn't seem to cause any AF or exposure issues, it will probably stay there from now on. I hope to collect some A-series lenses when the next bout of LBA strikes.

Ira
Old Jun 20, 2006, 2:49 PM   #15

Monza76 wrote:
Quote:
All of the *istD series cameras use the same interchangeable focus screens . . .
Can you point to a link to instructions for removing/changing the focus screen. I tried downloading the manual for the DS and even tried Google with no luck. I tried lifting the metal surounding the screen, but was afraid to pry too much and damage something.
KennyJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2006, 3:15 PM   #16
TDN

Try this: http://www.euronet.nl/~pimr/fsinstal.html

TDN
Old Jun 20, 2006, 5:08 PM   #17

The instructions in the MX manual are the best I have seen (still not great). I don't remember the link but I do have a 470kb pdf file of the required section if anyone wants to PM me.

Ira
Old Jun 20, 2006, 5:16 PM   #18

Location: Hebron, Kentucky (northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati):KCVG

Crashman,

I checked out the LL-60 screen and am keen on getting it. Did you perform the installation yourself, and if so, does the LL 60 come with instructions? It seems like a delicate task. Would appreciate your feedback before I commit any $s.

Thanks, Jay
Wingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2006, 8:32 PM   #19

Jelpee

This is what the LL-60 screen looks like

I didn't do the installation, I just sat and watched my Pentax repair guy fit it. Took about the same amount of time as it would to change batteries and a lens. :lol:

As for instructions, read TDN's post, but from what I saw it appears to be a simple little frame that needs to be unclipped. It then swings up and out of the way to allow the screen to come out. Just make sure you put the new one in square and level, we had to re-adjust mine as it was a fraction tilted.

Peacekeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2006, 9:40 AM   #20
TDN

The MX manual to replce the *ist DL screen is now on my website (thanks to monza76)

Here's the link: http://tdn9.be/mx_screens_s.pdf

TDN