Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jun 19, 2006, 6:20 PM   #21

Crashman wrote:
Quote:
I have never tweaked anyone elses :-)

I hope you don't mind.

Nt at all, it's good to see how other people alter images, I might learn something! lol!

I'm still swaying to my original shot though.

Billyblanca, I liked your second image best out of the two, it did actually create a more interesting shot.

Think I might do some raw shots next time I go out, will just have to keep an eye on how many shots I take before I run out of space on my card! lol!

Alison
alibunnylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2006, 8:09 PM   #22

be careful, shooting in raw, you will have to 'alter ' the image. there's no way around it even if you use the 'as shot' it still alters it. of course, with me tho,i believe you have altered the image as soon as you push the shutter button.
Old Jun 20, 2006, 12:36 AM   #23

alibunnylady wrote:
Quote:
Think I might do some raw shots next time I go out, will just have to keep an eye on how many shots I take before I run out of space on my card! lol!

Alison
I recently bought a portable hard drive to which I can download my SD card "in the field", Jobo Giga One 40 GB. Most of these cost around 500-1000 USD, but mine was only 200. It's got 40 gigabyte, you can't do anything else thandownload (i e you can't view your pictures) and it accommodates around 4000 RAW pics. When connected to the computer itbehaves like any hard drive. I find it very convenient at the cost of two 1G SD cards. There's a Jobo Giga"Pro Vu" version with a screen, but then you pay as much as for the other brands.

Kjell
bilybianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2006, 3:06 AM   #24

bilybianca wrote:
Quote:
alibunnylady wrote:
Quote:

Alison
I recently bought a portable hard drive to which I can download my SD card "in the field", Jobo Giga One 40 GB. Most of these cost around 500-1000 USD, but mine was only 200. It's got 40 gigabyte, you can't do anything else thandownload (i e you can't view your pictures) and it accommodates around 4000 RAW pics. When connected to the computer itbehaves like any hard drive. I find it very convenient at the cost of two 1G SD cards. There's a Jobo Giga"Pro Vu" version with a screen, but then you pay as much as for the other brands.

Kjell

That's an idea, I can't afford anything right now but certainly worth thinking about for the future. I'm in the UK so not sure what we would have available but I'm sure if I look hard enough I will find something suitable, even if it's only something like 10gb, it still gives me more shots. Thanks for that information.

Alison
alibunnylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2006, 8:10 AM   #25

When I got my first camera, I looked at field storage solutions (was planning a trip for a week and wouldn't have enough storage space), and used that to justify buying a laptop computer. That works well if you are traveling by auto and aren't planning on hiking much.

At the time there weren't many options for downloading to a portable hard drive. At the moment, I have 2 1GB cards and 2 512MB cards, and that can hold me until I get to a computer (but then, I haven't done any real trips since I got this camera, so who knows?). I'm always interested in other storage options!
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2006, 8:50 PM   #26

Epson P-2000 is 40 gigs and P-4000 is 80 gigs, has full colour screen 3.8 inch super fine detail, best on the market.

Will show Jpeg, and Pentax RAW among other things, also works as a MP3 player and portable Mpeg4 videos. I have one and it takes both CF and SD cards.

Peacekeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2006, 9:50 PM   #27

Never believe what you see :lol:

http://www.iinet.net.au/~crashman/Pe...ouching1_1.pps

(615kb)
Peacekeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2006, 10:13 PM   #28

LOL! Very cute...
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2006, 9:57 AM   #29

See those are the kind of things that I need! I just can't afford them at the moment!

Are there any others apart from the Epsons or the Jobo Giga One? Maybe just a 10 or 20 gig drive for when I go travelling/backpacking? Cos I'll really need one then!

Or if anyone wants to sell me one really cheap! lol
Patang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2006, 12:04 PM   #30

There are several, but the Jobo Giga One is far less expensive than all other I have seen. It's also the only one I have seen that doesn't have a screen for viewing the pictures, I guess that's why it's "cheap". OK, 200 USD hurts, but still not more than 2 SD cards at 1 G each. There is no point really to look for less HD space, the Jobo was sold last year with a 30 GB hard drive, now it's 40 but still the same price.

Kjell
bilybianca is offline   Reply With Quote