Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jun 19, 2006, 3:28 PM   #1

Is the happening where you live, they tore down the 1,500 sq foot home down the block and replaced it with this, along with four others the same size of larger?

DS kit lens!

ennacac is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 19, 2006, 4:00 PM   #2

Is it a public city hall or a private home?

Kjell
bilybianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2006, 4:45 PM   #3

Yeah, I don't get it. Younger couples have fewer kids but they're building these HUGE houses...Maybe they figure they will only have to run into one another once a month after they retire.
Rickst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2006, 5:59 PM   #4

It's the same way in my neighborhood. You could catch a picture of my house with the 55mm side of the kit lens and my neighbor's house would require the 18mm side.

Ilaugh at the fact that they spent all the money on the house and didn't have any left for the restof the lawn furniture.
jerkules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2006, 6:03 PM   #5

You shouldn't post this picture (which is very nice, by the way)- it'll find its way into some real estate magazine and help them sell it.

Luckily ourtiny subdivisionhas (for the most part) escaped this. What kills me about the places like this around SoCal (and they are plentiful!) is that they put these huge homes on lots that aren't much bigger than the house. Give me a small house on a big lot any day - I like trees and open spaces, not listening to my neighbors argue with each other.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2006, 7:46 PM   #6

The ubiquitous McMansion. (See Wikipedia)

-Bob

bobdem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2006, 8:58 PM   #7

Welcome to the American Dream... build a $500,000 house & in 4years, it'll be worth less than what they owe on it! Just like their escalade & BMR sittin in the garage! LOL! Just cracks me up ... whatever it takes to keep their trophy wife happy ... until they move on to the pool boy or the realtor that sold them the house! LOL!
wadue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2006, 9:27 PM   #8

wadue wrote:
Quote:
Welcome to the American Dream... build a $500,000 house & in 4years, it'll be worth less than what they owe on it!
Unless you happen to live in SoCal. Then you build a $500,000 house, keep it 2 years and sell it for $2 million. I can't believe the prices of houses, and how they keep going up. I couldn't afford to buy my house if I were buying now.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2006, 9:40 PM   #9

hmm, i've been doing interior woodwork in these for 25 years. i'm really good at it.. this happens all the time. the posted pic ,to me, is a rather small abode.. you should have seen the estate i did work on about 3 years abo. total covered ares= 69,000 square feet. thats an acre and a have of home. 23 seat movie room, indoor olympic pool= 6000 sq. feet, his and hers bath tubs of 1 piece carved marble(probably $30,000 each). foyer was 14'x100' and the list goes on. the door trim(casing, not the door or jamb) was $1400 per each.hyit was going to go on the market for $45,000,000 but burnt down when 95% finished..
Old Jun 20, 2006, 2:32 AM   #10

bobdem wrote:
Quote:
The ubiquitous McMansion. (See Wikipedia)
Saddening. We've got a saying – if it's in the US today, it's in Sweden tomorrow. And when saidit's used as a warning, not as a promise.

Kjell
bilybianca is offline   Reply With Quote