Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jun 21, 2006, 3:27 PM   #1

Ok, since shooting those wonderful Buzzard shots the other day, I've not taken my camera out. Why? Because the weather has been too unpredictable, rain clouds all the time, sometimes the sun comes out but not for that long.

I am worried about getting caught in the rain and my camera getting damaged, I don't have any waterproof casing or anything and can't afford it either.

What do others do if they are unsure of the weather in terms of it possibly raining?

I'm in the uk and our weather is really crap at the moment, should be lovely and hot and sunny but instead we are getting alot of rain clouds, the occasional shower and just generally not very encouraging.

Alison
alibunnylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 21, 2006, 5:24 PM   #2

alibunnylady wrote:
Quote:
What do others do if they are unsure of the weather in terms of it possibly raining?
Indoor shooting! We have about the same weather as you at the moment, after a week of mediterranian heat. Before that we had 2 months of booooring :homey:weather. Under these conditions you get a lot of booooring :yawnictures of the books in your bookshelves.

Kjell
bilybianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2006, 5:30 PM   #3

bilybianca wrote:
Quote:
alibunnylady wrote:
Quote:
Indoor shooting! We have about the same weather as you at the moment, after a week of mediterranian heat. Before that we had 2 months of booooring :homey:weather. Under these conditions you get a lot of booooring :yawnictures of the books in your bookshelves.

Kjell
I was hoping you would come up with something more interesting! lol!

I HATE the weather we're getting at the moment, so depressing. Oh well, maybe I should be a bit more creative and do some indoor shots, not my thing really but doesn't hurt to have a go at everything.

Alison
alibunnylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2006, 6:05 PM   #4

alibunnylady wrote:
Quote:
Oh well, maybe I should be a bit more creative and do some indoor shots, not my thing really but doesn't hurt to have a go at everything.

Alison
That's the attitude - branch out! Try something new! After all, it's just digital and you always can use the delete key.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2006, 7:22 PM   #5

big ziplock baggie or

roy
Old Jun 21, 2006, 8:56 PM   #6

I second the Zip Lock Bag! I always have a gallon size in my camera bag just in case.

Tom
ennacac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2006, 9:37 PM   #7

ennacac wrote:
Quote:
I second the Zip Lock Bag! I always have a gallon size in my camera bag just in case.

Tom
amen,
but inside can be a lot of fun.........

roy