Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jun 21, 2006, 3:35 PM   #1

No pics this time but I went out for a drive on my mobility scooter tonight to where I saw the buzzard.

I met up with a lady and her doggy who live right by where I saw him. Anyway, apparantly there are three of them at the moment. She showed me where the nest is too, it's way up high but I could see it clearly, looked like a big round ball in a tree" lol"

She also told me the times of day he's most likely to be around so am keeping that well in mind now.

He seemed reasonably tame when I saw him and now I know why, her neighbour feeds him raw meat! lol! Not sure if she's doing any harm or not but apparantly he's always waiting around "tea time" and when the neighbours return from their jobs at the end of each day, he's there waiting and will swoop and land as if to say, "well come on then, where's my supper?" lol!

She also told me the best times to spot the kingfisher in the area, though I didn't get to see him either today but another thing to bear in mind.

I then went round to the other pond to see if I could see any ducklings (bear in mind, I left my camera at home). Lo and behold, all the ducks were keen to see me and started coming over (they thought I was gonna feed em). There among them was Mrs Mallard with her four little children. Oh they were sooooooo cute, I was like a big kid when I saw them! lol! I followed them around the pond, just talking and looking, couldn't believe how tiny they were, so cute and Mrs Mallard didn't seem at all bothered by my presence. I will definitely go there tomorrow (hope and pray it's a dry day).

Then on my way home I spotted what I think is a bee or wasp nest in a tree so another thing to have a look at next time I'm up there.

I also saw plenty of blackbirds, a blue tit and a jay and possibly could have got a half decent shot of the jay had I had my camera with me.

So, although I didn't take the camera out today, I did still have an interesting time seeing some of natures finest creatures.

Sorry for the boring post.

Alison
alibunnylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 21, 2006, 6:40 PM   #2

ok, what's the moral of the story?? TYCWY

roy
Old Jun 21, 2006, 10:36 PM   #3

Roy - I was going to add that earlier, but got distracted! And yes, I had to look at the letters to make sure it was what I was going to bring up.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2006, 9:29 AM   #4

robar wrote:
Quote:
ok, what's the moral of the story?? TYCWY

roy

Umm, no moral! lol! What do the letters stand for? Hell, I can be so thick at times! lol!

Alison
Old Jun 22, 2006, 9:32 AM   #5

Take Your Camera With You!

And it's so true! Whenever I head out without my camera (like when it was being repaired) driving around at dusk I saw the most amazing sunsets over a small inlet down south sydney way! And I kicked myself for not having my trusty DS sitting next to me!
Patang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2006, 1:21 PM   #6

Patang wrote:
Quote:
Take Your Camera With You!

I know I should take it whenever I go out anywhere, trouble is, I am paranoid about it raining and the camera getting ruined. Still, today I didn't let the rainclouds put me off, hehehe.

Alison
Old Jun 22, 2006, 2:11 PM   #7

just take a large ziplock plastic bag. fold and keep in pocket..
Old Jun 22, 2006, 4:49 PM   #8

And if money is no object and water a real problem, you can always get one of thosespecialty enclosures for taking your camera into the water. Otherwise, use the baggie. I never worry about rainy weather - we have so few of them, and judging from what the weather people are saying, we're looking at almost triple digits (F) where I live, and places lower down could make it to 110?!! And we don't have air conditioning (yuck!). Enjoy your rain.
Old Jun 22, 2006, 4:51 PM   #9

you have that water cooler tho , don't you??
Old Jun 22, 2006, 5:41 PM   #10

Not only do we have a water cooler, we have a freezer for the ice cream. And I'd rather be in my 100 degree dry heat than your 90 with all that humidity (words from a former resident of Copperas Cove, Texas).