Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jun 29, 2006, 9:53 AM   #31

I have friend with a D200 and his high ISO noise issues make it a no go for me compared to how my DS handles high ISO images.

His D200 is much faster than my DS, but it is a Moose of a camera compered to the DS and my DS does a much better job shooting in jpg that his D200 does.

Tom
ennacac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2006, 12:25 PM   #32

Just wanted to give my $.02. This is a great forum and as you can see I do not post often but do lurk quite a bit. Just recently found out how to change for the nasty black and red fonts to the nice white and blue. Back to photography. I have found that most forums that have a Pentax specific are so friendly and as said already everyone for the most part is happy. It is amazing to read some of the nasty things people say when they ask a question that someone that is new is looking for the answer to in other forums. anyway I look forward to posting more and spreading the Pentax word around as often as possible.

pentaxistds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 2006, 3:20 PM   #33

I spend a lot of time over lurking at DPReview, and occaionally posting... I'm getting a DL so you can count another member of Pentax DSLR flock(I already have an Pentax FSLR). Pentax users to seem to be pretty nice, here and at DPReview.
SelrahCharleS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 2006, 7:16 PM   #34
TDN

ennacac wrote:
Quote:
I have friend with a D200 and his high ISO noise issues make it a no go for me compared to how my DS handles high ISO images.

His D200 is much faster than my DS, but it is a Moose of a camera compered to the DS and my DS does a much better job shooting in jpg that his D200 does.

Tom
Yeah I don't think you can compare a D200 to a DS or DL. It's a whole different camera, and has a whole different pricetag :shock:

I dont think anyone could really regret getting a Pentax DSLR. It's a great photgraphic tool, with a reasonable price and it offers you plenty of room for creativity.:idea:

as for these forums i agree with the poster 2 posts above. Everyone is really friendly and helpful around here

<---happy & returning "customer"

TDN
TDN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 2006, 11:42 PM   #35

I'm new here, I just purchased the DL but I have been a fan of Pentax cameras for years. No, I'm no casual enthusiast and I don't have a whole collection. My father has an old Pentax SLRProgram Plusthat I always liked. I bought a small 35mm P&S IQZoom camera and that was a nice little camera for it's purpose. Then I got into the digital cameras and Have been using a little Nikon Coolpix 2100 for quite some time. Love the compactness and ease of use. Having been to the US Grand Prix in Indianapolis this past weekend I found out that my little Coolpix just wouldn't cust it anymore for pictures that I wanted to take. For some reason I am always drawn to Pentax cameras and I saw the *ist DL listed in a lot of places and it was the cheapest DSLR. I particularly wanted a camera that I could use different lenses with so this one fits the bill for me being a casual photographer at best. Maybe this will get me into things a little more. I really want to play now...
MadMikeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8, 2006, 10:12 AM   #36

if you want lenses that you can use then there are 24-27,000,000 depending on who's report you read..

welcome to a new pentaxian.

roy
Old Jul 10, 2006, 8:09 AM   #37

TDN wrote:
Quote:
ennacac wrote:
Quote:

Tom
Yeah I don't think you can compare a D200 to a DS or DL. It's a whole different camera, and has a whole different pricetag :shock:

I dont think anyone could really regret getting a Pentax DSLR. It's a great photgraphic tool, with a reasonable price and it offers you plenty of room for creativity.:idea:

as for these forums i agree with the poster 2 posts above. Everyone is really friendly and helpful around here

<---happy & returning "customer"

TDN

I love my Pentax ist DS but I will say that I disagree on the comments about what your friend has since I have it and can truly compare what you have stated.

Properly exposed the noise level is a non-issue for mewith the Nikon D200. I will say that the Pentax does the best of any digicam out there but I seldom shoot anything over 800 iso anyway.

The D200 has many variables which one can set the camera to and I have found that as far as skin tones and color accuracy it does better than my DS. I enjoy both but use them for different kinds of shooting.

vIZnquest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2006, 10:28 AM   #38

I am relatively new to the forum and find that the helpful advice, tips, and encouragement just the thing for enabling me to try to new things to develop my skills. Through this forum and the dpreview forum, I chose the DL (great decision!)and am now living withsemi-controlled LBA. Thanks to all of you whose posts I read daily and whose opinions I value highly.

Regards, Lawrence
Dr. C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1, 2006, 8:00 PM   #39

yep, i remember, when i first joined here, if you wanted to visit a post from the last month all you had to do was scroll down on the page(1) and there it would be. last post on this thread before this one was only 21 days ago and i found it on page 6 of the listings.. what happened to our tiny little world??? LOL

roy
Old Aug 2, 2006, 5:55 AM   #40
TDN

robar wrote:
Quote:
yep, i remember, when i first joined here, if you wanted to visit a post from the last month all you had to do was scroll down on the page(1) and there it would be. last post on this thread before this one was only 21 days ago and i found it on page 6 of the listings.. what happened to our tiny little world??? LOL

roy
Well I'm very happy with this evolution. I sure am glad I bumped on this forum, gotten some great help & tips from you guys!
Hehe, if I hadn't come on here I might still be breaking my head on all the lens mount names on ebay

Now I'm on here a couple of times every day...it's an addiction :lol:

TDN
TDN is offline   Reply With Quote