Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Aug 2, 2006, 5:23 AM   #41

enjoy,
it's a much better place with the input from a lot of great people...

roy
Old Aug 4, 2006, 6:33 AM   #42

I have to agree with Roy on that. I have visited other forums, especially those at other sites, and found so much bickering and abuse that nothing useful ever seems to come out of it. Here we all seem to be genuinely interested in what others are doing, and we help rather than negatively criticize. I have seen an occasional user appear that tried to start arguments or get negativebut the interesting point was that instead of taking the bait and starting a flame war he/she just got ignored (and it is hard to argue with yourself). Pretty soon they either dissappear or join in and become a realpart of this group.

There is seldom a day that I don't learn something about photography, or Pentax cameras, from this experience. While other brand users are primping and strutting over having the biggest new lens or latest whiz bang camera body, over here you get "look at what i did with this old 42mm mount I got at a flea market for $5".

I kind of like it here.

Ira
Monza76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4, 2006, 5:20 PM   #43

ditto ira, 100%
Old Aug 4, 2006, 5:52 PM   #44

Ira and Roy,

You have said it all.
The other Pentax forum is pretty good too except that msg you posted there get lost in pages and pages in very fast pace. This forum happens to be of the right pace and attitude too.
I used to be lurking around another newsgroup
rec.music.opera
This is just one of many abuse & malice I see there on a daily basis
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.m...7b7e5de35201bc
We are talking about opera and how uncivilized could it be.
You are wrong. http://groups.google.com/group/rec.m...5891673dce8700
There are no swearing and I do learn a lot of abusive language in this NG rec.music.opera.

I think we should thank Steve for providing such cyber venue for all of us.

As you guys know, I have fun here.

Daniel
Toronto

robar wrote:
[quote]enjoy,
it's a much better place with the input from a lot of great people...

roy

Monza76 wrote:
[quote]I have to agree with Roy on that.┬* I have visited other forums,┬* especially those at other sites,┬* and found so much bickering and abuse that nothing useful ever seems to come out of it.┬* Here we all seem to be genuinely interested in what others are doing,┬* and we help rather than negatively criticize.┬* I have seen an occasional user appear that tried to start arguments or get negative┬*but the interesting point was that instead of taking the bait and starting a flame war he/she just got ignored (and it is hard to argue with yourself).┬* Pretty soon they either dissappear or join in and become a real┬*part of this group.

I kind of like it here.

Ira

danielchtong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4, 2006, 7:47 PM   #45

Monza76 wrote:
Quote:
I notice that the other DSLR forums seem to have a majority of posts about problems with their cameras, here the topic seems to always come back to pictures (and Lens selection and the dreaded LBA of course). Pentax is like the Macintosh computer of cameras, it may not be for everyone but the loyal are very loyal indeed.

Ira

Good one Ira! I think you hit it spot on. I don┬┤t even have a pentax but i still read this board because of the many fine pictures in here. ( plus i secretly want to buy a k100d but i guess my wallet disagrees.)

monx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4, 2006, 9:02 PM   #46

Monk has said it very well indeed!

This is a special place because we sincerely try to help each other. Let's keep it that way! Don't tolerate others who strive to change what we already have. Challenge them, at every turn of the road. We are already being mentioned/noted in other forums because of what we already have right here. I think that we should make a positive effort to protect what we have.

Sarah
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5, 2006, 3:37 PM   #47

Hello Guys,

I am an absolute newbie to photography. My experience till date was just on P&S camera. I just bought the *ist DL and trying to learn about photography.
I am currently enjoying all the wonderful suggestions posted by everyone in this forum. I do not have any pictures as of yet, and will post when I have one.

Thank you.
flykewl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5, 2006, 5:22 PM   #48

A warm welcome, Flykewl. Looking forwards to your first posts and your upcoming questions. Being the curious kind of person, I'm also interested in where you dwell. Could you add that information in your user profile? I know others are interested as well.

Again, a warm welcome.

Kjell
bilybianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5, 2006, 5:29 PM   #49

flykewl wrote:
Quote:
Hello Guys,

I am an absolute newbie to photography. My experience till date was just on P&S camera. I just bought the *ist DL and trying to learn about photography.
I am currently enjoying all the wonderful suggestions posted by everyone in this forum. I do not have any pictures as of yet, and will post when I have one.

Thank you.
welcome!!!

first day i had my ds i must have shot 200 shots. boy was i amazed!!! it reminded me sooo much of my MX. getting ready to break the 10,000 mark any day now..

roy
Old Aug 5, 2006, 5:30 PM   #50

mtclimber wrote:
Quote:
Monk has said it very well indeed!

This is a special place because we sincerely try to help each other. Let's keep it that way! Don't tolerate others who strive to change what we already have. Challenge them, at every turn of the road. We are already being mentioned/noted in other forums because of what we already have right here. I think that we should make a positive effort to protect what we have.

Sarah
what other forums????