Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Aug 5, 2006, 11:45 PM   #51

Thanks for your warm wishes. I am from Dayton, Ohio in USA. I am currently a PhD student, just looking for a hobby other than reading books and found Photography as the one. I will not be able to take photographs like you all, but will try to do the best I can.

I have taken some photographs today for the first time and to be honest, I am scared as the pictures did not turn out to have a good quality of even a P&S camera.

Both these images are taken using *ist DL with the 18-55 kit lens and with focal settings of f/11 and 1/1000 shutter time in Aperture priority mode.
http://www.wright.edu/~yelamarthi.2/Photos/IMGP0193.JPG

http://www.wright.edu/~yelamarthi.2/Photos/IMGP0190.JPG
Please help me to fix the problem, and learn how to take good pictures.

Thank you.
flykewl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2006, 12:34 AM   #52

According to EXIF data on the first picture.

You have chosen Aperture 11, exposure 1/1000 and the camera has probably compensated for the lack of lighting by giving you iso 3200 ( exif data says so :-))

Trysettingiso to 200 and see what kind ofshutter speedthe camera will give you. This should remove the noise and increase picture quality. Iso 3200 is only meant for absolutely dire moments where you need the sensitivity to get faster shutterspeeds ex, indoor poor lighting movement shots.
monx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2006, 12:52 AM   #53

Moved answer to the new thread.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2006, 11:57 AM   #54

flykewl wrote:
Quote:
Thanks for your warm wishes. I am from Dayton, Ohio in USA. I am currently a PhD student,
Hi Kumar,

Small world. I got my four year at Cedarville University, just north of Xenia, right in your neck of the woods. I would love to get back up there with a good camera and revisit Wright-Pat AFB along with the old watermills and bridges that were near Cedarville.

NonEntity
NonEntity1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2006, 2:51 PM   #55

I agree with MONZA, pentax owners are a different breed from the N and C owner, we are enthuisiats of the mark and Pentax have supported us well over the years. I particularly like in the way that they have retained backwards compatibility for their lenses throughout the years, which other manufacturer has done this?

Pentax thoroughly deserves the loyalty of its fans, Long may they continue.

Steve
Stev1e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2006, 10:20 AM   #56

Quote:
Hi Kumar,

Small world. I got my four year at Cedarville University, just north of Xenia, right in your neck of the woods. I would love to get back up there with a good camera and revisit Wright-Pat AFB along with the old watermills and bridges that were near Cedarville.

NonEntity
Hello NonEntity,

It really is a small world. It's nice to hear from someone from the neighbourhood. I am currently going to Wright State University.

Also, I had been to Cedarville a couple of months ago, and found it quite interesting. It is a small univ in a small town. Very pleasant atmosphere.

I will go to the museum some time and post the pictures here.

Old Aug 7, 2006, 9:44 PM   #57

i'm getting a 404 message on both of these links. can't access them

roy

flykewl wrote:
Quote:
Thanks for your warm wishes. I am from Dayton, Ohio in USA. I am currently a PhD student, just looking for a hobby other than reading books and found Photography as the one. I will not be able to take photographs like you all, but will try to do the best I can.

I have taken some photographs today for the first time and to be honest, I am scared as the pictures did not turn out to have a good quality of even a P&S camera.

Both these images are taken using *ist DL with the 18-55 kit lens and with focal settings of f/11 and 1/1000 shutter time in Aperture priority mode.

http://www.wright.edu/~yelamarthi.2/IMGP0193.JPG

http://www.wright.edu/~yelamarthi.2/IMGP0190.JPG

Please help me to fix the problem, and learn how to take good pictures.

Thank you,

Kumar
Old Aug 8, 2006, 1:42 PM   #58

I had to move the files to a new directory. The new links are:
robar wrote:
Quote:
i'm getting a 404 message on both of these links. can't access them

roy