Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jun 22, 2006, 8:47 PM   #1

oh, just a little over a year ago there were very few posters here due to the fact that there were few members. what i mean is it could go a couple of days before a new post would come up and it might be a couple of days for a response to a question was answered. now with the explosion of the DS,DS2,DL,DL2 this forum has made a radical change. i, for one, really enjoy this new productive change.. and all of us are having such a great time.. thanks

roy

Sponsored Links
Old Jun 22, 2006, 9:52 PM   #2

I have to say, since joining this group a couple of weeks or so ago, I have thoroughly enjoyed being here There always seems to be something new to read, new pics to see and everyone is so friendly.

I also think it's a great place for people who are looking for a new digital camera to come to as there are plenty of images from various models to give them an idea of what can be achieved with each one.

I love the fact it's busy, never gets boring and would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone who has commented on my shots and made me feel so welcome.

Alison

PS Is that a Boston Terrier you are holding in your arms in your avatar? Cute.
alibunnylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2006, 10:09 PM   #3

alibunnylady wrote:
Quote:
PS Is that a Boston Terrier you are holding in your arms in your avatar? Cute.
alison,
www.texasbostons.com

roy
Old Jun 22, 2006, 10:43 PM   #4

It's gotten quite a bit busier since January when I got my DS. It's been fun and I'm now spending more time here than with any of the other (non-photo) boards I'm active on.

All of the advice you all have given me has been invaluable! It's like getting a PhD in Pentax photography for free.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2006, 10:44 PM   #5

I must admit to being a bit of a lurker over at DPReview, I may have posted there maybe 5 times, but check it out every couple of days. :roll:

Here on the other hand, I truly enjoy the forum and the members comments. Though I think we have a LOT of lurkers here, judging by the number of views some threads get with the same 20 members doing ALL the posting. :-D:-D

Come on guys and gals, intro yourselves with one of your favourite a pics and say hello, we don't bite (well we might nibble a bit).
Peacekeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2006, 10:51 PM   #6

This forum seems more fun oriented than some of the others, which get a bit caught up in more of the detail of imaging and endless threads on cameras that so far are not available.

Thanks to all for making this forum such a good time.

Tom
ennacac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2006, 10:54 PM   #7

Location: Hebron, Kentucky (northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati):KCVG

I enjoy the conversations--everyone seems to have fun and so willing to help each other! Jay
Wingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2006, 10:57 PM   #8

I am very lucky to find this forum... it was because of it that I discovered the power of the Pentax *ist series, and I eventually bought the DL.

Thanks for the great forum!
TravisG5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23, 2006, 4:41 AM   #9

I joined about half a year ago, and have gained a lot besides having quite a few laughs. I don't take part in any other forums of any kind, I don't feel the need for it. Here I can ask and learn whatever, even about real estate taxation!:lol:I'm very pleased also to see the recent development, with the number of posters increasing day by day. To all of the lurkers: take the plunge, post, do it today!

Thank you all!

Kjell
bilybianca is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23, 2006, 6:13 AM   #10

ennacac wrote:
Quote:
endless threads on cameras that so far are not available.

Tom
agreed!!
50-100 responses about a 'maybe' ???