well the build it bug bit me again. i had and older TTL bounce flash that i decided to take the flash head off and mount it on a piece of bendable wire. that way i could use the module on camera and position the head where i wanted it for macro shots. i separated the two with no prob. cut the 5 wires and soldered a cat5 wire in place. no, the cat5 was not the bendable wire. had quite a hard time soldering these little tiny wires but all went well. before taping them together i ran a test and it worked wonderfully with the extra foot of wire added. took the bats out and got ready to finish up with tape and shrink tubing but i let two wires touch and the residual charge in the capacitor shorted. thus frying the firing circuit..
C'est La Vie, $10 flash..... it was a good thought tho..