Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jun 26, 2006, 12:21 PM   #1

So I want to take advantage of the bulb feature of my DL camera as much as possible but I need to know some basic info before I embark.

Is there a remote for the *ist DL? The pentax one appears to be compatible but I dont know for sure...

Could I use another technique to fire the shutter in B mode and then have to press it again to disengage? I dont really want to have my finger on the button for 2 hours if you know what I mean...

help greatly appreciated
-alex
Pentaxchamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 26, 2006, 2:05 PM   #2

Pentax does make a cable switch for the DL. I believe there is a compatible switch that was made by Can*n.

You can also build your own. There have been several posts if you search for cable switch or cable release. I built one with a toggle switch so I could leave it open on bulb without having to keep my finger on a button.
jerkules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26, 2006, 3:30 PM   #3

ebay

HERE
Old Jun 26, 2006, 5:37 PM   #4

The NOVA switch is the one I purchased from ebay, shipped from China and it works perfectly with my DS.

Tom
ennacac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26, 2006, 7:46 PM   #5

Location: Hebron, Kentucky (northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati):KCVG

I had the Pentax remote control "F" that I used with my ZX-L and it is the same remote that is listed for the DL (lucky me!). My only gripe about it is that the cord is only about 18" long. I also received the wireless remote switch in my Christmas stocking last year. I don't tend to use it much for a couple of reasons: 1) you have to set the camera to the wireless remote mode 2) You have to stand in front of the camera so that the receiver can receive the infra red signal. At a pinch, if you are looking to avoid camera shake due to the pressing of the trigger, try using the self timer.
Wingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26, 2006, 11:14 PM   #6

Thank you all for the info, but I think I will try to fashion one myself because a toggle switch would be very convenient and the supplies would cost a fraction of the price of the nova. I want it mainly to extend the shutter for star swirls and other things that would require longer then 30 seconds.

-alex
Pentaxchamp is offline   Reply With Quote