Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jun 27, 2006, 1:45 PM   #1

I felt that I needed a little greater reach on my *ist D, so I found and bought an FA 80-320. The lens looks great, mounts well and has a major problem. The D does not recognize or change the settings on the lens. Additionally, when I use the preview switch, the lens does not stop down.

On my Z-1, the camera does not set the lens in P mode, manual settings seem to work and preview stops down.

Off camera, moving the lens lever controls the diaphragm.

Is there a reasonable fix for this? I do like the reach and would not like to have to return it.

Help

Larry in Dallas
Heathglen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 27, 2006, 6:35 PM   #2

try taking a pencil eraser and rub it across the elec. contacts on the lens and camera. try putting the lens on the cam and select MF, see if it will stop down now.

in the custom menu do you have the cam set to use a lens with an aperture ring activated?

post back.

roy
Old Jun 28, 2006, 10:09 AM   #3

And, just a thought, is your lens aperture ring properly locked into the A position?

Sorry to hear you're having trouble -- I really enjoy my 80-320...

Dan
dan-mx-ds2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2006, 4:11 PM   #4

The simple solutions didn't work. Any other suggestion that I got seemed too risky. Since this came from a reputable dealer, I'm returning it and have ordered one from KEH.

Thanks
--
Larry in Dallas
Heathglen is offline   Reply With Quote