Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Sep 4, 2007, 10:46 PM   #111

Good bump, Roy! Nothing has changed for me...still shooting the dl...dreaming of the k10d...but pushing 40 (1/24). What I'm curious about is ...has anybody heard of some of the other members? Especially Sara(mtclimber)...or Alison(alibunny)...or Rudy(bluwing)...or basementshows??? I hope all is well for them but as I was flipping through this thread, I started realizing that I haven't seen these folks' avatars in a while.

Ron
wadue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4, 2007, 11:32 PM   #112

still 50 here lol
but now have the K10D and some more lenses

i have to admit i am curious where all the people we dont here from anymore are
i would guess some still lurke but maybe dont post?
Gumnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4, 2007, 11:32 PM   #113

Well I am 48, 49 next month, still young and free.
I started shooting as a young teenager in the 60's with b&w film in my 2nd hand Coronet and Hanimax.
I got my 1st slr, the Fujica in the 70's, as if that strap doesn't give that away.
I moved up to a Canon EOS in the 90's.
My 1st digital was a little Fuji s5100.
Now I have the best camera of my life the Pentax K100D with 2 great lens, Sigma 70-300mm DG APO and Tamron SP AF90mm F/2.8 Di Macro.
I am still a practising amateur.
Attached Images

Rodney9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2007, 1:09 AM   #114

I'm 58 goin' on 59...Got 3 Daughters and 11 grandchildren and expecting my first great grandson in January, 2008. Been married 40+ years now and started shooting photos back in the middle 50's with a Brownie Hawkeye I believe it was....Got a 35mm rangefinder with a Wollensach lens in the early 60's then a K1000 in the late 70's. Been shooting a Kodak DX6490 for over three years and decided to step on up to the K10D just this year. Nuff Sed.

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2007, 6:28 AM   #115

Thanks to whoever pushed this thread to the top. The reading has been fascinating because it confirms many conclusions I had made about members of this forum.

I fit squarely into the "average Pentaxian" category as here established. I'm 52 and started photography when I was a kid with a circa 1925 Kodak box camera, then soon "graduated" to a Tower 35mm for slides. I set up a B & W darkroom when I was about 12, but was limited to contact prints from 120 or 620 film since I couldn't afford an enlarger. I can't begin to list all the cameras I've gone through, but my only SLR experience was with a Nikon I got in the 80's and never really exploited because of film and developing costs.

I went digital shortly after becoming a HS soccer coach in 1999 with one of the first P & S superzooms....a Casio C8000SX and used it happily until an unfortunate incident with a soccer ball and concrete sort of messed up its focus system. It was succeeded by an Olympus C-750, which I thought was dying this spring. (Reports of its demise were exaggerated, and it recently got a new home with my son and daughter in law.)

I stumbled onto Steve's Forums when searching for a new "soccer camera," got wonderful advice which pointed me to the Fuji S600fd. I was tasked into shooting my son's wedding, was determined to up my skills for the task, and got myself hooked on photography in the process. Three months later, it was a leap into the DSLR world with the K10d. (BTW, I'd already been a Pentaxian for a couple of years after buying my wife an Optio S50 for her purse, an interesting little camera that takes amazingly good shots, after a short stay with the Pentax Warranty Center in Colorado.)
Trojansoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2007, 7:46 AM   #116

Well !, it looks like I may be the Grandaddy in this forum 74 not too far off 75, but largely think and feel much younger. I was into photography soon after WW2 late 40s all with handed down equipment. After service in Korea I returned home with a Yashica model boughtin Japan,I can't remember actual type had that one stolen ... since then I've had

1. 2 or 3 models of Kodak Retinette

2. First SLR was a Praktica Super TL + several M42 screwfit lenses still have it and it still works.

3. Rollei 35 LED, very neat pocket camera of it's day with LED metering

4, went digital with a Fujicolour DX10, one of my 4 daughters is still using that.

5. HP Photosmart 850, still working

6. Canon A95, strictly speaking it's my daughters, but she prefers my old Fuji I still use it, more convenient to carry than the DSLR.

7. Finally my present K100D which I love, which has caused me to contract LBA with a vengance. LOL

So greetings to all you youngsters !. ... Jack
jachol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2007, 8:26 AM   #117

jachol wrote:
Quote:
Well !, it looks like I may be the Grandaddy in this forum 74 not too far off 75, but largely think and feel much younger. I was into photography soon after WW2 late 40s all with handed down equipment. After service in Korea I returned home with a Yashica model boughtin Japan,I can't remember actual type had that one stolen ... since then I've had

gawd jack,
i've known you for years and never thouhgt you were older than, well, under seventy.

keep posting gramps,
roy
robar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2007, 8:33 AM   #118

wadue wrote:
Quote:
Good bump, Roy! Nothing has changed for me...still shooting the dl...dreaming of the k10d...but pushing 40 (1/24). What I'm curious about is ...has anybody heard of some of the other members? Especially Sara(mtclimber)...or Alison(alibunny)...or Rudy(bluwing)...or basementshows??? I hope all is well for them but as I was flipping through this thread, I started realizing that I haven't seen these folks' avatars in a while.

Ron
most of these are still posting except for alison and basementshows. i just sent off an email to alison as i haven't heard from her in awhile. she's had some med probs and a fight with the govt. in the UK is the last i heard.

roy

robar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2007, 8:35 AM   #119

robar wrote:
Quote:
jachol wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

gawd jack,
i've known you for years and never thouhgt you were older than, well, under seventy.

keep posting gramps,
roy
Quote:
OK !, You young whippersnapper ... old I may be, but not senile. LOL ... Jack
jachol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2007, 12:30 PM   #120

robar wrote:
Quote:
wadue wrote:
Quote:

Ron
most of these are still posting except for alison and basementshows. i just sent off an email to alison as i haven't heard from her in awhile. she's had some med probs and a fight with the govt. in the UK is the last i heard.

roy
Well done Roy.

I miss Alibunny.

Dal
Dal1970 is offline   Reply With Quote