Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Sep 5, 2007, 5:57 PM   #121

I'm "Still Alive and Well" and Turning 53 Next month. And i agree with Dal. I miss "Alibunny"

Phil
Black Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2007, 6:22 PM   #122

Well, guess I'll fess up, too. I just turned 50 this July. Hit a lot of milestones this summer. 25 years of marriage and first grandchild.

Had always been interested in photography since a kid. But, not being able to afford much but little instamatics, etc. Then, over the years have had various p&s's. About 5 years ago my husband was going to buy my son an slr and me a mini p&s for Christmas. I talked him into switching thosegifts. He said he hadn't realized I'd ever wanted an slr. It took me a few years to finally take a lesson on how to usethe slrbesides being in auto mode.

Not that I'm any better than when I first got the camera, but I do enjoy trying to improve my skills and am always looking for things to photograph. I carry my K100D with me everywhere. Drives my family crazy. I'm trying not to get LBA. But, it's getting harder and harder with seeing all the great photos you all post. I currently only have the 18-55 and 50-200. Would really like a longer zoom and a macro lens. Some day. Currently trying to find a new tripod as you probably all know from my questions lately.:-)

nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2007, 6:53 PM   #123

I bought my first Pentax SLR in 1968. I worked with a publishing company as an editorial assistant and the boss told me I had to make myself more useful...start taking pictures.

I was going to buy a P & S as I knew nothing about cameras, but he told me to get a good 35 mm SLR...either a Nikon or a Pentax.

I priced them out. The cheapest Pentax was the S1a with no meter and a 1/500 second top shutter speed, for $ 119 Cdn.

The cheapest Nikon SLR was $ 159...so I bought the Pentax.

Still works.

Second Pentax SLR was a 1974 or '75 Pentax ES11. Electronic spotmatic...black body. Still works but takes four hard to get batteries.

BTW, I'm 58.
lesmore49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2007, 7:31 PM   #124

i love threads like this. people getting to know others a little better. like jack and me. i always thought of jack as mid to a little higher sixties. we go back to about '03 or '02. sorry gramps.

roy
robar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2007, 9:47 PM   #125

lesmore49 wrote:
Quote:
I bought my first Pentax SLR in 1968. I worked with a publishing company as an editorial assistant and the boss told me I had to make myself more useful...start taking pictures.

I was going to buy a P & S as I knew nothing about cameras, but he told me to get a good 35 mm SLR...either a Nikon or a Pentax.

I priced them out. The cheapest Pentax was the S1a with no meter and a 1/500 second top shutter speed, for $ 119 Cdn.

The cheapest Nikon SLR was $ 159...so I bought the Pentax.

Still works.

Second Pentax SLR was a 1974 or '75 Pentax ES11. Electronic spotmatic...black body. Still works but takes four hard to get batteries.

BTW, I'm 58.

I'm getting so old:?, I didn't realize I already posted a couple of months ago. Hope I didn't contradict myself too much.:?
lesmore49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6, 2007, 4:28 AM   #126

robar wrote:
Quote:
i love threads like this. people getting to know others a little better. like jack and me. i always thought of jack as mid to a little higher sixties. we go back to about '03 or '02. sorry gramps.

roy
Hey !, no problem ... Junior :blah:, I don't mind being old, it comes tomost of usin time ... there's no big trick to it. LOL ...You just have to keep your mind active, don't retire and vegetate like some do ... Jack.
jachol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6, 2007, 10:14 AM   #127

at least we are getting the chance, many don't.

roy
robar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6, 2007, 2:28 PM   #128

Yeah !, September 2002, we migrated to WS from PCQ&A, don't think we communicated much there. One thing Roy ... at my age I don't have to go to the saltmines each day. ... Jack
jachol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6, 2007, 2:36 PM   #129

27!

Only started photography a few (4 maybe) years ago with my Fuji A205 p.o.s then a Fuji S5600, then got a K1000, then my K10D and just today picked up a Zenit EM and a few lenses for free, bargain!

I go for extremes, I love having to do everything with the old manual film camera's and having to actually think about a photo, but then I love my K10D as it let's me do more things and quicker.
Tachikoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6, 2007, 5:22 PM   #130

I`m 41.
Have used Pentax since early 1980s. Been trough Me super, LX, Program A, MZ-3 and now K10d. Well I have to admit when shooting sports as a professional in 1998 to 2002 I used Can** as Pentax didn`t have any cameras fast enough.

Geir
Ayreon is offline   Reply With Quote