Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Sep 6, 2007, 6:06 PM   #131

48 here, my K110D is my first Pentax, first camera i bought was a K1000 "clone" a Ricoh KR-5 bought new in 1980, Still have it.
StevePMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6, 2007, 10:42 PM   #132

[align=left]Hi, first time posting here, and I couldn't resist this question. My dad bought his Spotmatic in about 1964-5. I must have thought it was pretty cool, because I bought my own on the way to service in the Peace Corps in Africa in 1969.

I finally bought another camera last April, a K10D, on the way to Zion, Bryce, Monument Valley and the Grand Canyon, and I love it. I think that I have probably taken more pictures since then than I ever did with the original. It still seems wasteful (Scottish heritage) to delete pictures, but I am able to weed out quite a few.:-)

By the way, I am now 60 years young, and shoot every week.

Go Pentax!
[/align]
dawsonjm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6, 2007, 10:57 PM   #133

I am 21, I am married to avery loving womanand have a beautiful daughter named Hailey... I have been heavy into digital photographyfor about 3 years now, butthe *istDL was my first DSLR (about a year ago).Since then,I have owned every Pentax dSLR to date (except the K110D) until I could no longer upgrade, sofar the top contenders were the *istDS and K10D.
inneyeseakay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6, 2007, 11:26 PM   #134

I guess I must have skipped this thread the last couple times it came around, as I did not see a post from me in there. I am a more than slightly used 38, almost 39. As I understand it, I have one more year left under warranty and then everything stops working. :-)

Cameras consist of a Canon point and shoot 35mm
Panasonic FZ1
Kodak DX 7630 (or something like that)

and the Pentak K100d.

Tim
NonEntity1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6, 2007, 11:50 PM   #135

NonEntity1 wrote:
Quote:
I guess I must have skipped this thread the last couple times it came around, as I did not see a post from me in there. I am a more than slightly used 38, almost 39. As I understand it, I have one more year left under warranty and then everything stops working. :-)

Cameras consist of a Canon point and shoot 35mm
Panasonic FZ1
Kodak DX 7630 (or something like that)

and the Pentak K100d.

Tim
The Machinery for me started to fail at 55....You may have an extended warranty there!! LOL
Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7, 2007, 3:05 AM   #136

I am 80 years old. The first camera I used was a fold-up, bellows type Kodak my parents owned. While in high school I joined its camera club, developed, enlargedand printed my film. I made a pinhole camera, and it worked.

When I was in the U.S. Army at age 18 during World War II, I had a camera, I think an Argus C3, and had access to a darkroom at a local USO club. I worked in that darkroom regularly over a three month period. I still have a few of my snapshots.

After I was married I wanted pictures better than the Argus provided so I could take archival quality pictures of our children, so sought a camera to do that. The first one I bought had a sticky diaphragm, so I took it back to the dealer. I bought then, from that dealer, a Pentax K2 with pentax lenses 50mm x f1.4, a 28mm wide angle, and a 70-210mm zoomer. My invoices (still have) show that was 1976.

Within a few years I bought a Pentax ME with a battey-powered advancer, using the earler lenses.

About three years ago I bought a Canon powershot S330 2 MP point and shoot. It has worked flwlessly, but I couldn't get used to the lag time when making a shot. I did get a lot of fair pictures, and was amazed at the advances in photo technology, but I wanted a better camera.

Within the last year, after about two months of decision stewing, I bought a new K10D with only the 18-55 kit lens. I mostly use that lens, but my three old manual Pentax lenses work beautifully for me. Adter 31 years they are as if new.

I don't think I shall get any more lenses, as the range of my capabilities are somewhat limited physically.

I do need a flash system, and am exploring the possibilities on that now.

Photography has always been of interest to me, and I get great pleasure in producing photographs of and for my son, daughters, wife and grandchildren.

I also do watercolor painting, much of it from photographs I have taken.

Together, photography and painting, bring to me a way to create beauty, and I, and I think my family, take great pleasure from these pastimes.

Old Engineer

Old Engineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7, 2007, 7:51 AM   #137

I guess it's my turn..I am 48 (that number still looks unbelieveable!)..and I have loved photography since I was a kid.I remember finding a magazine explaining that foreign language of fstops and aperature and being baffled but made myself grasp some concept of it.I had an old Kodak..can't remember the model..but it was beige color and remembering being disappointed the black and white results didn't turn out like the magazines.When I went to college I saved up for a Practika from the Eaton's catalogue.I felt so important..lol.Then I bought a Pentax SF-1N..and a couple models after.Then had a few Kodak models in the digital age and now am a happy owner of the K100D(where I think I will stop for awhile)..
lisa
kashka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7, 2007, 8:14 AM   #138

Quote. ... I am 80 years old.

Hello Old Engineer,

I thought I was the grandaddy on this board, but you beat me by several years, no problem. I see from your post, that like myself you keep your mind active with your hobbies and pastimes ... keep it up. We can probably show some of these younger ones a thing or two, just watch out for Junior (robar) he can be a cheeky young so & so when he wants to. LOL ... Glad to meet you . ... Jack

jachol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7, 2007, 12:01 PM   #139

dawsonjm wrote
Quote:
I finally bought another camera last April, a K10D, on the way to Zion, Bryce, Monument Valley and the Grand Canyon, and I love it.
i want to see pictures!!!!!!!!!

i'm headed that way when i can.
welcome to the board.

roy
robar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7, 2007, 12:42 PM   #140

I'm a very young 64. At least I think I am "very" young because my lovely wife keeps telling me to grow up.:-)

First camera I can remember having is the Kodak Brownie (real boxy thing). Bought my first 35mm right before going to Viet Nam. It was a Pentx, but I can't remember the number. Next one was a Minolta SRT-101 purchased in late 1971. I used that one for years and I still have it. It still works -- sometimes. I shot mainly slides and I shot a ton of them over the years.

First digital camera was a Kodak DC-110(?) that I won as a door prize at a management seminar. It was a 1mp camera that worked as well as could be expected. Graduated from that to the Kodak DC4800 (3mp) that I bought used from one of my co-workers when he bought a 5mp Olympus. I still have the DC4800, but it died right in the middle of taking a picture of my grandson! I solved that problem by picking up the K100D lastweekend. Got a lot of learningto do.
tsquare is offline   Reply With Quote