Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jul 6, 2006, 10:29 PM   #31

I agree with mtngal- I could not think of a better way to Be retired.

Phil

mtclimber wrote:
Quote:
My first experience with Pentax was in the late 1950's. I used a lot of their SLR's and point and shoot cameras. I have a DS and love the Pentax line. Now its time for a 10+mp DSLR from Pentax, and recouping some of that past glory.

As for me I'm 70, retiredand conduct Digital Camera Workshops on cruise ships around the world. I also do training for N, C, and K and in general just have fun doing what I like best.

MT
Black Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 2006, 2:28 AM   #32

My first ever SLR-type camera was a Pentax, given to me from my grandfather, so I guess im kinda biased towards them. I have the K1000 35mm SLR, and its really fabulous. I learnt all about photography with that camera, and now im looking into upgrading to a pentax DSLR. =D

I'm 17 by the way... i never knew the people on this forum were so ... uhm... "old", they sure dont act like it. you guys all still have your youthful qualities... :P

Cheers
itswesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 2006, 2:56 AM   #33

I am new to this forum

I am born in Sri Lanka in Colombo, but I am living The Netherlands after being adopted by my great Dutch parents to life in Amsterdam. After 18 years in Amsterdam I am moved to the student city Groningen (little city in the North of The Netherlands) to go live together with my love(he's more an Canon man though ).
My age is 20 years, so I am on the young side here I think :lol:

My first time with an Pentax camera was after I came to The Netherlands, my parents had an Pentax ME.
After I get a bit older I was in the position to take photo's with the camera, and I liked it from te start. My parents bought after years using the camera with pleasure an Point and Shoot camera from Pentax.
And I got the old ME from my parents I made some nice pictures on the famous Zandvoort Circuit near by the sea with my camera. I got some lenses from friends for free(M 50mm 1.7, M 135 3.5 and an old very Soligor 300mm) and I bought an nice 28mm sigma lens an I start shooting a bit more serious

After years Analogue photography with my old Pentax I wanted to get also an Digital camera, my father had an HP digital camera and I didn't like it because of the bad occulair and more So I decieded to get immeditly an dSLR.
Unfortune ther new introduced Pentax ist *D(back in 2004 ) wasn't in stock anywhere in the Netherlands and there weren't any upgrade path's from the ist *D to an semi-pro or Pro Pentax dSLR.
After reading much reviews and user experinces I decided to buy an Nikon D70.
I am off course very happy with the camera, no doubt that it is an camera wich produces high quality picutures.
But I had some old Pentax lenses and I had an period that I didn't use my D70 at all and only my analogue Pentax

After de announce from Pentax to do an step higher up to the Semi-Pro segment(I hope it will be with the new 10MP cam), that means that there is an upgrade path !
What I also like from Nikon are the very silent AutoFocus motors and the fast AutoFocus and the VR lenses.
Pentax introduces of course the K100D with ShakeReduction in cam(even nicer !), but still no annouchments of some Silent and Fast AutoFocues lenses.

But I am having some hope
When Pentax introduces an new nice dSLR with better specifications and better ergonomics then my current D70 I am the first to buy one

Oh yeah before I forget to say, I like this forum very much after reading much topics with some great information, and nice to see that there is still an big group of people who like Pentax

Priyantha Bleeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 2006, 8:51 AM   #34

Guys, I am not sure but I think we have been Insulted!!!!

Anyway, Welcome to the forum "itswesley" you will learn alot by just hanging around here

Also welcome to you "Priyantha Bleeker"

BK

itswesley wrote:
Quote:
My first ever SLR-type camera was a Pentax, given to me from my grandfather, so I guess im kinda biased towards them. I have the K1000 35mm SLR, and its really fabulous. I learnt all about photography with that camera, and now im looking into upgrading to a pentax DSLR. =D

I'm 17 by the way... i never knew the people on this forum were so ... uhm... "old", they sure dont act like it. you guys all still have your youthful qualities... :P

Cheers
Old Jul 7, 2006, 1:11 PM   #35

I'm 18(nearly 19). I've known of Pentax for quite a while because my dad has always had a K-1000 laying around here... I bought myself a K-1000 a little while ago, but film prices and the other advantages of digital made me buy a DL, it should be arriving tommorrow
SelrahCharleS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 2006, 1:17 PM   #36

Welcome to the Forum.

SelrahCharleS wrote:
Quote:
I'm 18(nearly 19). I've known of Pentax for quite a while because my dad has always had a K-1000 laying around here... I bought myself a K-1000 a little while ago, but film prices and the other advantages of digital made me buy a DL, it should be arriving tommorrow
Old Jul 7, 2006, 10:59 PM   #37

Other than a brownie when real young, the first "real" camera I owned was a Rolleiflex SLR, which was wonderful, but can't remember what happened to it. I then inherited an Olympus OM-10 from my father-in-law, and it has provided the bulk of my old, cherished memories.

First digital was an Olympus, then a Fujifilm Finepix 2mp, which was great. I then absolutely fell in love with the Panasonic FZ20, which I still own, and can't bear to part with. I still use it on occasion for B&W portraits, and am amazed at its quality.

Have had the *istDS for a year now, and couldn't be happier. It seems to get better with age - maybe I'm getting better at using it, I don't know.

Still feel like the 21 year old Rolleiflex user, but am currently a proud 51 year old (next week) Pentax fan.
nznhut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8, 2006, 2:44 AM   #38

I'm 46 and the DL is my first SLR. I've heard of Pentax for a good long while, knew them as a good maker, but no details. I had no qualms buying the DL, especially given the price and the good reviews. Now I need to learn about photography.
rfortson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8, 2006, 1:18 PM   #39

Pushing 51 with a two month long stick!

Ira
Monza76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8, 2006, 4:08 PM   #40

rfortson wrote:
Quote:
I'm 46 and the DL is my first SLR. I've heard of Pentax for a good long while, knew them as a good maker, but no details. I had no qualms buying the DL, especially given the price and the good reviews. Now I need to learn about photography.

LOL - Don't we all!

Darren
Fred666 is offline   Reply With Quote