Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jul 27, 2006, 9:25 PM   #71

Very impressive AK, a tern isn't it.

Ira
Monza76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2006, 9:40 PM   #72

What a GREAT Photo, AK. Thanks for posting.

Sarah
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2006, 10:38 PM   #73

I dont like the way this scale tops out at ">60 " :lol: I will soon be entering that bracket being currently halfway through my 60th year.
John Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2006, 11:00 PM   #74

I blame the romans for the decimal system , why are all the age brackets in ten year increments. Why not 27-35 1/2yrs and 49-54yrs age groupings:blah:

Personally I think age is just a number and you are only as old as you feel........now where was that lovely 25yrs old blonde I saw earlier. :lol:
Peacekeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2006, 12:01 AM   #75

AK - that's an outstanding shot!

Ah, the joys of mathmatics. Since we operate in a base 10 numbering system, it only makes sense to use the decades as dividers. Now if we operated on a 15 base system, or something like that, I could could convince you that I'm 38.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2006, 12:50 AM   #76

Now I must admit that is where I get confused with the USA. Why oh why haven't they gone over to the metric system, could you imagine having the imperial system with the banking and currency.

Metric is so easy to convert and work with water fereezes at 0.c and boils at 100.c

There is 100cents in a dollar and 10 mm to a centimetre and 100 centimetres in a metre, 1000 metres to a kilometre

There is 1000ml to a litre and 1 litre of water weighs 1 kilogram therefore 1 ml of water weighs 1 gram.

My job deals with some physic and math and working out time and speed and distance is easy,.

Now if they could convert time over to the metric system then 60sec and 60 mins would become 10's and 100's, oh bugger it lets change it to 10 day weeks and 5 week months and 500 day years, that makes us all a lot younger and our holidays a lot longer....:?:?:?
Peacekeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2006, 1:43 AM   #77

Works for me, with a 500 day year I am now 49 years old. I think I will ride 40 miles on my bike tomorrow instead of my usual 20 miles.

Tom
ennacac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2006, 5:48 AM   #78

I saw the "sensitive question" and it made me think back.

I got my first camera 65 years ago today. My uncle gave me a Kodak Brownie as a birthday present in the summer of 1941. You know, I never could figure out why they called it a Brownie - the thing was black. I was eight years old then and turned 73 today.

I have never owned a SLR but plan to buy a K100. When I retired I started to play around with photography and went digital almost immediately. The point and shooters are a lot of fun but won't do if you want to have a real hobby.

Anyway, I'm pretty much committed to Pentax since I've already bought a FA 50 f1.4, a DA 50-200 and a flash unit. I noticed that a few vendors have the K100 in stock now, so I'll probably order one this weekend.

Regards to all - John

P.S.- Another thread was asking where everybody was from. I'm from Winona Texas (pop 467). That's in north east Texas near Tyler.
johnwales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2006, 6:13 AM   #79

AK- Your picture is Impressive. I am looking Forward to More.

BK
Black Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2007, 8:24 AM   #80

looking for the flash thread and saw this.

thought i'd bump it for the new comers.

roy