Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jun 28, 2006, 11:33 PM   #1

1st) I know this is bad. Will work top match what I have seen here with others, but

I decided to post an old picture to get things startedcause I am really looking for ideas. Want to send an Uncle with cancer pictures of the Neighborhood hangouts we go to a lot … give him a feel for how our life is. Need some samples of angles and such. Can you all go out and shoot your favorite place to just hang and share it with us (indoor or out does not matter). I would love to see how you approach the topic
Attached Images

Bowenp is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 30, 2006, 10:20 PM   #2

No takers. Did I pick a bad subject, or was my pick was so bad I no one wanted to add to it? Once again just looking for some ideas. Here is a window shot on a DL from my favorite coffee shop.

Attached Images

Old Jul 1, 2006, 12:34 AM   #3

I'm terrible at street scenes - was hoping that someone who is good at them would post something. This is the closest thing I've taken recently to a neighborhood place. I did take some interiors of the lovely hand painted ceiling in this room that were OK, but they wouldn't really count since they are details. These windows are 2 stories tall and are in a library reading room.
Attached Images

mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 2006, 1:14 AM   #4

Manyou have an eye. This is very nice ... such balance and beauty. How did you take it? Did it just happen? How did you meterit?Did you get that deepness from post processing? Have you blown it up? Reminds me to catch the Library I would not have thought of that. Thanks What equipment do you use?
Old Jul 1, 2006, 2:54 AM   #5

i missed this one
i am not into street photography either
but when i want to go hang out somewhere
i like to get away from it all
somewhere peacefull
on a rock
overlooking the Perth northern suburbs

Gumnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 2006, 8:48 AM   #6

Very nice, beautiful part of the world you live in.
Old Jul 1, 2006, 9:02 AM   #7

Here's my neighbourhood "joint" ... local golf course (9th green with clubhouse in background). A small rural course 2 minutes from home :-)

Cheers, Mike
Attached Images

mgedit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 2006, 10:45 AM   #8

Nice
Old Jul 1, 2006, 5:29 PM   #9

The picture abovewas taken with a manual24mm 2.8 lens. I metered for the outside scene (and yes, I walked around to a couple of spots to try to get as much of Royce's towersas I could through the windows). I have another one that I took with the 50mm but it could only get 1 window (I was at the far side of a large reading room). I was actually a bit surprised that the lights could be seen a bit in the photo - I figured the outside sunshine would blacken everything inside, since cameras can't capture as great of a dynamic range as the human eye can. I straightened the vertical lines in photoshop (was shooting up quite a bit) and cropped it. It was shot in raw, but I don't think I did much to change the exposure much when I use ACR to convert it to jpg.

Here's another one of the room itself, also taken with the 24mm lens. You can see that the room isn't that dark, even though the ceiling, floor and cabinets are all dark. The previous photo was taken through a pair of the windows on the right of this picture, and I was against the wall on the left.
Attached Images

mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3, 2006, 10:00 PM   #10

very nice very very nice