Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jul 1, 2006, 1:48 AM   #1

I managed to have an excuse to use all 4 lenses that I've been carting around today. This morning's sunrise was just too good to pass up, and so I took a bunch of pictures. Thought this one was about the best - it certainly shows I was in the city early this morning. I used both the M50mm 1.4 and the 24mm 2.8, then switched to the DA50-200 for a couple of pictures of crows once it got light enough.

Lunch found me trying to take pictures of a library's hand-painted ceiling without a tripod. Those 2 fast lenses came in handy again! As I left, I noticed a film company was setting up, so the DA50-200 got put on the camera again to try to photograph the photographers. Street scenes just aren't my thing (sigh!).

I finished the day waiting for my hubby to pick me up and used the Phoenix for a couple of pictures of blades of grass.

It was a wonderful day filled with lots of photographic opportunities. Unfortunately, my camera bag has gotten way too heavy and I'm starting to have shoulder problems. I'm trying to decide what I really should take with me on a regular basis, and what to only take when I think I'll need it. Today just convinced me that I don't want to leave anything behind!

P.S. - I did use CS2 to straighten the vertical lines, and a little USM.

Attached Images

mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 1, 2006, 6:51 AM   #2

Location: Hebron, Kentucky (northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati):KCVG

Nice composition..I like the way the eye is instantly drawn to the sky by way of the buildings. Keep em coming! Jay
Wingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 2006, 6:53 PM   #3

That's a great good morning shot! I like the way you used the buildings, too, for framing. And, yep, LBA leads to shoulder problems. I have begun to force myself to leave the BIG bag in the car or at home, and I limit myself tofewer lenses in a smaller bag, which sounds like a prettygood idea, but, admittedly,it doesn't always work. : )

Regards, Lawrence
Dr. C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 2006, 6:56 PM   #4

Oops! I re-read your post and notice that you were only carrying 4 lenses. That changes everything I mentioned above, because that is the new limit I am working on carrying. Please disregard my first post . . . except for the compliments.

Lawrence
Dr. C is offline   Reply With Quote