Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jul 2, 2006, 6:37 PM   #1

So many post on other forums Yes KIT gets 100 no ONLY body get it

I think I have a easy way to settle it

Would someone that recently bought the Pentax DL KIT look and see if the camera BODY has its own BOX with UPC inside the larger outter box

on the camera box does it have this on box

UPC Code 02705113749 Product Code 18426

This seems like we can easily say yes buy the KIT you will get rebate

One post I read said the camera and lens have their own box inside the outter box and you could put the camera body and lens on self and sell them

Thanks

Trido
trido is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 2, 2006, 7:38 PM   #2

Trido - I will try to be of some help to you. I purchased the DL in March and I still havethe box. I got it from Digital Foto Club, which I found from the shopping feature of this site. The box says Pentax *ist DL Lens Kit. On the inside you will find two boxes, one for the lens and one for the body. The Body box has a UPC code that says 18426 on it.

Now that I have said all that, I think I would write Pentax from there website on the 5thand ask them to verify this to you. Most rebates you also have to send a copy of the invoice and the invoice would say camera kit. I don't think I would take the word of something you read on a forum if it were me, you may be disappointed.

You will find Pentax will give you a very clear answer, so you can make a decision. At least they did with me when I was considering buying.Good luck and let us know what you find out. Now having said that I find that I use my old Pentax glass most of the time, so for me it would have been ok to just get a body - Bruce
bper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2006, 7:45 PM   #3

that's how i got the ds also. 1 box with 2 boxes inside each with their on upc code.

roy
Old Jul 2, 2006, 7:56 PM   #4

Thanks I just wrote pentax

It is confusing cause I was at Circiut City today they for sure have the 100 rebate on KIT you can view it a their website and it mails to Pentax so it IS a Pentax rebate

Nowever check out ONE CALL they ONLY hsow 100 rebate on body ONLY.

Very confusing

trido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2006, 8:23 PM   #5

Trido - I think I would wait for an answer from Pentax on this. Save being disappointed later. If I was doing it again I would just get the body and hit Ebay for some really good Pentax or other glass, butwatch out, you mightget LBA - Bruce
bper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4, 2006, 6:16 PM   #6

:-)

Today I bought at Circuit City (Raleigh, NC) the advertised"Pentax *istDL Lens Kit" with a product code of 18999 and a UPC of 0-27075-12090-7.

That "outer box" lists its contents as twoitems: (#1) DIGITAL SLR Camera *istDL and (#2) Lens smc Pentax DA 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 AL".

Inside the KIT box are two boxes and two spacers.

Item #1: The *istDL camera bodybox has a product code of 18426 and a UPC of 0-27075-11374-9, which matches up with the requirement at this Pentax rebate coupon on line: http://www.pentaximaging.com/files/s....pad.L1018.pdf

Item #2: The 18-55mm lens box has a pasted-on sticker over the original UPC. The sticker says: product code of 21547 and UPC of 0-27075-10864-6.

The CircuitCity register printered out a rebate coupon.

The key point to me is: I have a stand alone camera body box with the correct UPC as required by Pentax.

Hope this helps you make your decision.

--

Steve
SteveModena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4, 2006, 10:55 PM   #7

I bought the kit from Wolf Camera back in February and it also had two boxes, one for the camera body and one for the lens. Matches what Stevemodena said.

JimInGA
JimInGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 2006, 10:45 AM   #8

The rebate form instructions have been updated telling kit purchasers to send in the body box UPC. Therefore, the rebate is valid for kit or body purchases.

However, the rebate is NOT valid for purchases from Walmart stores. I assume this also means Walmart.com.

Russ
rfortson is offline   Reply With Quote