Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jul 3, 2006, 5:12 PM   #1

Just got shipping confirmation and a tracking number for the DL I ordered last night from buydig.com. No phone calls to sell me anything....
Rickst is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 7, 2006, 1:49 PM   #2

I ordered one from beachcamera.com(sister company for buydig I think??)... no phone calls asking me to buy overpriced accesories, and they shipped it out the next day. It is supposed to arrive tomorrrow according the the Fedex website.
SelrahCharleS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 2006, 2:40 PM   #3

Mine is due for delivery today (Friday the 7th). The tracking info said it was on the truck for delivery this a.m.!
Old Jul 7, 2006, 4:20 PM   #4

New member here. Currently a Canon man, owning the G6, A610 and SD550, but the ridiculous price of the *istDLwith the rebate pushed me into the DSLR world. Ijust placed my order at Buydig a couple of hours ago(ordered from them before and never had a problem). Maybe it will ship out today if I am lucky.

Anyway, this looks like a great board, and I'm lookingforward tojoining in the fun. This will be my first DSLR, so I am sure I'll have some questions once I jump in.Fortunately, the G6 has gotten my feet wet with someof the manual controls, so I shouldn't be too overwhelmed by the *istDL.
jeffrey r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 2006, 5:17 PM   #5

Welcome to all the new owners who are just about to find out how wonderful this little camera really is! There are so many knowledgeable people around here - they've helped me out SO many times - it's been part of the fun of having a Pentax. Don't hesitate to post a question - as they say, the only dumb question is an unasked one. I've only had my DS since January, so I remember asking these guys a ton of questions about how to use old, manual lenses and other things. I'm still asking questions as I come to a topic I don't understand (which is a huge amount when it comes to photography).
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 2006, 9:59 PM   #6

My DL was delivered tday, but I haven't even had a chance to unpack it, yet (Had to see the new "Pirates" movie with the family tonight-loved it by the way). I will unpack it in the a.m. and post a picture tomorrow.
Old Jul 8, 2006, 9:24 PM   #7

I happened to stumble across the DL sale while browsing for point and shoot digital cameras online during work on friday. Once I saw some reviews regarding the DL and did some of my research, I drove over to the store during my lunchbreak and instanly liked the size, weight, and looks of the DL so I picked it up. This is also my first SLR camera and I am looking forward to taking some good pictures and learning all about the art of photography. I also am looking forward to this board as it seems there is alot of helpful information and knowledgeable people on this board.
PanagiotisDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9, 2006, 7:13 PM   #8

So my DL shipped this weekend from Buydig. Can't wait to receive it.

And it looks like at least for now, the deals at Buydig and Beach Camera are over. Both are up to $519 instead of $464.
jeffrey r is offline   Reply With Quote