Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jul 3, 2006, 9:51 PM   #1

I went to the local second hand camera fair which happens every two months and was looking for a couple of items.

Lets see...a macro bellows, macro rings, lens adapter to reverse for macro, any long lenses, maybe even a 500mm mirror.

Nope not a thing and and just as I was about to leave I spotted this little baby sitting there all alone. So I thought why not.

Weather is not so good right now, so will post a few pics when I can get out and have a go with it.

I did fire off a couple of shots the day I got it to check to see if the focus was any sharper at different f stops, from what I could tell it was pretty much the same thoughout the whole range.

Tokina RMC 17mm f/3.5 (image taken with DL , Sigma EX 24mm f1.8, EF500DG flash on off camera cord)
Attached Images

Peacekeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 4, 2006, 2:33 AM   #2

Looks like a nice prime.

You said you have a DL and took the flash off camera. Does this mean the Sigma retains P-TTL even on a cord? If so, what cord did you get?

Darren

Fred666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4, 2006, 10:55 AM   #3

Mine is a pentax 5P off camera cord with two hot shoe adapters. They are not cheap, but I got mine on eBay at a good price, about 1/3 the cost of new.

http://www.pentaximaging.com/product...ries/index.jsp

I see now that they have started selling these, which are a different make but will do the same thing, it has the same number of contacts to make the flash work in full TTL mode (DL - P-TTL Mode) as the pentax version.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Off-Camera-TTL-F...QQcmdZViewItem

These cords have pins for each contact on the bottom of the flash so every bit of information required to be transmitted between camera and flash is able to be sent when connected with one of these cords.

I just read the wolf's camera website, they don't ship overseas

Try this one
http://cgi.ebay.com/FITS-PENTAX-OFF-...QQcmdZViewItem

or this one

http://cgi.ebay.com/Pentax-AF-500-FT...QQcmdZViewItem

Old Jul 4, 2006, 11:06 AM   #4

last one will not work on the dl, it's i believe ,TTL only.

next to the last link, i'd want a better picture and a brand name to ck it out.
Old Jul 4, 2006, 11:09 AM   #5

Yeah I must admit I would want to check the pins and their location to make sure it is the same as the Pentax or Promaster version before I bought it.
Old Jul 4, 2006, 1:51 PM   #6

Thanks for the info

Darren
Fred666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4, 2006, 2:40 PM   #7

i think you did real good if you did not pay much. i got my cord and 2 hotshoes on ebay for $50 delivered. like you said, they aren't cheap. i think B&H lists them at $108usd.

roy
Old Jul 4, 2006, 11:13 PM   #8

thats neat

where are these fairs held?

is there any calanders etc on line for them ?
Gumnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2006, 11:40 AM   #9

Every 8 weeks, the last two have been at the recreation centre/ hall on South Tce, South Perth near the council buildings.

Traders, anyone who wants to sell, collecters and of course us bargain hunters. Sellers at 7.30, buyers at 8.30am, $3 entry fee. Next one should be about Sunday 27th August.

Of course there is some junk, but sometiomes there is the odd bargain, if the traders haven't already swapped amongst themselves before the buyers get in. :lol:

I didn't say anything last time, didn't want to increase my Pentax competition for those lovely old lenses.