Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jul 8, 2006, 9:41 AM   #1

Ive just bought a samsung gx1s in the uk been wanting to try a dslr and at the price well want to give it a try , Reasons i wanted a Pentax ds2 for various reasons ie pentaprism not pentamirror as in the dl2, more focusing points than a dl2 , ttl flash not in the dl2, but i could not locate a pentax ds2 in the uk now and so it seems this samsung gx1s is the same as a pentax ds2 i thought id buy it , it was only £400 after samsung £100 rebate, it has a two year guarantee and is the two lens kit , bargain i thought ?. i dont want the new pentax out this month with anti shake as it has to be proven and it has a pentamirror not a pentaprism and not the ttl flash either maybe get a pentax/ samsung with (is) a few years on though , so am i mad or what ? , any advice much apriciated indeed, ie jpeg best settings sharpnesss ect , flash guns that work well and a compact case that will take both lenses, also do i need two filters to protect the lenses and what type please .I passed on the ca----n 350 and the ni---n d50 /70 too plastic / low rent looking ,not so nice feel, as the pentax andsamsung clones,so hope i got it right ? there is a 30 day take back if advice says the samsung gx1s is a no no but im hoping for some of you pentax users to ok the samsung and not minding me showing up on your great and very interesting pentax dslr forum, other camsin our cam loving family include k/m g500 , fuji f 11 olympus c 70, panasonic fx 8 , and imo thesuperb panasonic fz 2 fantastic for 2 mp ,, like it better than my fz 20,( sold that, )to help finance the samsung gx1s, but all give exellent / very similar results all very good imo, but will this samsung be able to do better ?rodo uk .
rodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 8, 2006, 9:43 AM   #2

PLEASE EXUSE TYPOS IM SEEING IN MY PREVIOUS POST, OOPS BAD SPELLER THATS ME .
Old Jul 8, 2006, 9:58 AM   #3

rodo, welcome to the forum. i see you found the ''edit'' button.. the samsung ,i'm sure, will give you results better than you expect. will it not be nice to push the shutter button and not have to wait for the cam to fire???

roy
Old Jul 8, 2006, 10:08 AM   #4

Thank you roy, very much , yes hope to get a few opinions / advice here to keep or not to keep,and settings ect rgrds rodney.
Old Jul 8, 2006, 10:05 PM   #5

I think you made a wise decision to get the Samsung. The more you use it and learn what it can do, the more you will realize on your own (without input from anyone else) what a good camera you have. I love my Pentax DS and learn something new about what it can do every time I use it. With all the wonderful Pentax and other glass you can use with this camera, the sky is the limit.

Happy shooting!

M42 fan is offline   Reply With Quote