Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jul 9, 2006, 5:52 PM   #21

pentax lens model

hmm, bank of america?????
Old Jul 9, 2006, 5:54 PM   #22

thekman620 wrote:
Quote:
got to say, this one of the red wing BBird is my favorite.. we use to have them here every where but for some reason they aren't anymore. anyone know something i don't.

roy
Old Jul 9, 2006, 7:21 PM   #23

Roy - when I read Kjell's post to my hubby, his comment was "Which one - Wells Fargo or Bank of America" - is that a case of great minds thinking alike?

I went to a camera show today, turned out it was pretty small and there weren't many Pentax lenses. The screw mount ones they had were the same mm as lenses I already have, and the only lens I saw that included 300mm was the Sigma 70-300. There's another camera show next weekend, maybe it will be bigger and have more Pentax lenses.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2006, 10:40 AM   #24

I have the 70-300mm 1:4 5.6 and I am starting to wonder - I can never get shots like these - NEVER.

What gives
nlp239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2006, 3:50 PM   #25

nlp239,

I don't know about the Sigma but even pedestrian lenses like the 100-300mm FA f4.7-5.8 (a Pentax cheapie) can produce good results such as this:

Hand held (carefully) at 300mm.

Ira
Monza76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2006, 5:20 PM   #26
TDN

3 and 4 are stunning :O

TDN
TDN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2006, 6:10 PM   #27

Hi nlp. Well, the birds were very cooperative. They were shot at a sanctuary (I don't usually go here to photo-feel like I'm cheating), that lets people feed them and they'd just finished their noon feeding I think. I was able to get so close that the camera wouldn't focus. Had to back up. Plus this lens is considered I guess, a high end lens. Should be for the price they go for. It's very sharp wide open, and has shown no signs of ca's at all. The picture of the cormorant flying would have had ca's all over the edges if I'd shot it with my old lens wide open (f100-300 f4-5.6). It seems to focus a little faster than the other lenses too. I guess those are a few reasons. But the close proximity is the biggest. If you can fill a good portion of the frame with this lens, the detail is outstanding.....cheers.....Don.

nlp239 wrote:
Quote:
I have the 70-300mm 1:4 5.6 and I am starting to wonder - I can never get shots like these - NEVER.

What gives
thekman620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2006, 3:28 AM   #28

Don, thanks for that info, it sure makes me feel a lot better about my lens. I had neglected to say so in my previous post - WELL DONE, shots are exceptional.

Jaycee
nlp239 is offline   Reply With Quote