Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

View Poll Results: How do you like your DL?
ITS GREAT!!! 12 85.71%
Nice! 2 14.29%
Good camera 0 0%
Not quite good enough for me: 0 0%
|It sucks 0 0%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Old Jul 10, 2006, 6:54 PM   #1

My DL arrived on the 8th of July, and I got to play around with it quite a bit at a wedding reception.

I have to say my favorite thing about it is how responsive it is compared to my Sony 717. No shutter lag is nice The viewfinder is a big step up from a dinky LCD, and the high ISO capabilitys are nice too.

I can use my old manual lenses although I will give a warning about offbrand lenses such as Sears or Ricoh... I got a Sears one stuck on the camera today, DO NOT force the lens... search on the net to find out how to take it off correctly(the lens can be modified to work correctly too)

I have some minor complaints, mostly of things like my nose always leaves marks on the LCD... but overall I'm really happy with this camera

Oh, and for those of you wondering about beachcamera.com, I ordered from them and it shipped the next day without them trying to sell me any overpriced accesories or anything.

You can see some of the photos I got yesterday on my flicker photo page...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/selrahcharles/
SelrahCharleS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 11, 2006, 8:57 AM   #2

anyone else PO'd that willoughbys undercut beachcamera and butterfly photo by more than $75???? who ever thought you could buy a dslr with kit lens for under $300 after rebate.

i'm gonna try to get a price match or halfway match from beachcamera.
milrodpxpx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 2006, 12:59 PM   #3

In my case, I would have to pay tax at willoughby's being a NY resident, so the price difference is not that much for me. But anyway, right now, that deal at willoughbys is dead. It is back up over the price many of us got in at Beach and Buydig.

The past few days have shown major swings in pricing on the DL Kit at B&H, Buydig, Beach and Willoughby's. It is wacky to say the least. But these prices after rebate are still below what people thought were unbeatable deals just a month ago, and way below what many people (like me) ever thought they could get a DSLR with lens for.

So you either jump in when you think a price is as good as it will get (which I thought was the $364 after rebate), or you wait and try to time these prices and risk the prices shooting up and not coming down. Idon't think you'll get any relief fromBeach Camera on the $364 price, but good luck. That price from willoughby's was crazy.
jeffrey r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 2006, 1:08 PM   #4

yeah, i doubt i'll get anywhere either...PO'd was alittle strong, just felt unlucky as usual! $289 after rebate was probably a loss to them, i wonder how many they sold at that price. should've picked up a dozen and resold them on ebay for $350...but i'm guessing you wouldn't be able to claim a dozen rebates! the $366 i paid was already an absolute steal for a brand new dSLR, i should never have complained!
milrodpxpx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 2006, 1:25 PM   #5

Willoughbys is up tp $489 for he DL - it changed this morning.
hornmanjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 2006, 1:28 PM   #6

Well in a year or two we will probably be able to buy one for $150, but really I'm happy with what I paid, and I'm glad I got it when I did(the day before a wedding). Still a heckuva deal... though the under $300 price would have been coveredby a recent check I got, I still only owe my mom $100, it was at a price low enough that I could afford it, kind of
Old Jul 11, 2006, 6:46 PM   #7

To hopefully make everybody feel a little better ... I couldn't wait, I bought my dl in December for 800 w/ kit lens! Don't get me wrong, I'm not complainin' a bit!!:GI've enjoyed the last 7 months of finally going digital & the camera has been worth every penny!!

Congrats on the deals, guys!!!

Now get out there & start shooting!

Oh yeh, selrah ... COOL Wedding Shots! Especially the V-Ball shot ...GREAT IDEA!

Ron

wadue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 2006, 7:57 PM   #8

Thanks for the comment on my photos I thought the v-ball shot was pretty cool too, it was the brides idea and I said "we gotta do that".