Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jul 17, 2006, 10:30 PM   #31

mtclimber wrote:
Quote:
black knight-

Thanks for the post. I actually found that Rawshoot Essentials is really easy to use. Or perhaps I was just lucky with my first try.

MT
You are quite welcome.

If you like RSE, you would love RSP. Thanks To Adobe most peple will Never have the pleasure.

I dislike ACR. Just cannot Get used to the work flow. I have tried all of the Different Raw Converters and at least in My mind, i just find them not to My liking. However, I Have to try to mantain my objectivity as it appears that all who Purchased RSP, will Be given free a fullversion of Adobes New "Lightroom"

So Time will tell.

BK
Black Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18, 2006, 1:55 AM   #32

Quote:
Loop - Sorry to hear that your camera was defective - hard to take, when you are all up for having a new camera, isn't it? At least you were able to get the issue resolved easily.

Thanks mntgal.

What you said about being up for it is true. I already feel out of the Loop, but I did go to the beach todayandshot a roll of B&W with my K1000.

I also looked at Canon and Nikon Digital SLR's but couldn't get excited about them. I think I'll always be a Pentax man - you know,
cheap and underrated. I'll definitely be in touch when I get the K100 (if not before).

One last parting shot before I hit the sack - sadly taken with the Olympus P&S - sorry.

Loop............

Attached Images

looppeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2006, 9:41 AM   #33

This is where I found the heron

Attached Images

looppeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2006, 3:49 PM   #34

Top of the day to all.I have tried the Capture One software and it brought no happiness and since I use a Mac not a intel-mac the Raw Essential 2005 will not bring smile to me. I'm content to use the Pentax Photo Lab until I get PS Elemeents 4 or CS 2. I'm not printing anything inhouse larger than 13x44 so the present work flow I'm using is fine.I'm happy with the DL even though I have a lot of Nikon film equipment. if Pentax comes out with a 8/10/16 mp DSLR I would more than likely switch if the price is like comparable to what I paid for the DL when compared against what Nikons/Canons are selling for.*Right now I'm doing a lot of grab shooting just to get the feel of the camera and* its metering system. I got the camera for my freelance travel writing /photojournalism assignments and some fine art projects. I do most of my fine art with the Kowa 6, Konica disposable panoramic/17mm lens. My Nikon is for my 2D/3D visual art clients who still require 35mm slides.This shot was* right out of the box with the 18-55, I'm waiting on a*PENTAX FA 28-80mm f3.5-5.6 AL SMC that I picked up online refurbished by Pentax for $35. I'm testing my fake fish eye later this week and will post that shot later.*Next lens is a something between a 50-300mm a* 2.8 or a 3.5 either in a film or digiital design.*

Peace
Attached Images

featherman99 is offline   Reply With Quote