Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jul 14, 2006, 1:44 PM   #1

Does anyone know why you can buy maha charger in USA for 29$ with free carry case and 8 cells but the same thing without batteries and case costs in UK 24 pounds (it's about 38 $)?? everyhing is more exensive over here . Can anyone suggest difefrent charger ? Is energizer any good or they just make good batteries??
gfurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 14, 2006, 2:21 PM   #2

IMO, maha makes a great smart charger.
Old Jul 14, 2006, 3:55 PM   #3

Everything is expensive outside the US even here in Canada although not as much. It probably has something to do with the economics of scale - bigger consumer market.

nlp239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2006, 2:10 AM   #4

it's not only the price that bothers me, it's the availability. i've found only one place which sells hama chargers and they don't even give you batteries.

also when i bought my dl2 few days ago for 350 pounds i asked for free skylight filter worth around 12 and they said: we cannot do that. in USA you can also find good deals and promotions, nothing like that here. when you buy dl2 with lens you can get 28-200 lens for 130 instead 150 pounds, and they call it special offer. not a big saving IMO.and shipping from USA to UK would take couple weeks and costs more, so there's no point in that. I guess we just have to live with that.
gfurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2006, 8:52 AM   #5

Most places work on very slim margins on their cameras and try to make it up in accessories such as filters, media and bags. Thats why they wont "throw in" a skylight filter for nothing - how are they supposed to make any money?
errno_gmm is offline   Reply With Quote