Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jul 15, 2006, 11:39 PM   #1

hi guys..!! ive been an avid reader of this forum 4 d past 2 weeks.. i did a search on this subject and didn't find any head to head comparison..

im planning to buy one of this lens for my 'all-time' lens to go with my DS2.. i know the fa 100-300mm is more to the telephoto side.. i already have the DA18-55 that came with the lens and FA28-80mm.. i want sharp image at the tele end.. but at the same time, i need mobility as this is going 2 be my 'all-time' lens.. (the DA's are all light).. correct me if i'm wrong..

i think IRA is in a good position to comment as he has both of these lens.. thx..!!!
sickge3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 16, 2006, 6:36 AM   #2

I had a F100-300 and still have the 50-200DA. The 100-300 I had was ok. Images were sharp enough, but lacked contrast and seemed dull colour wise. The 50-200 is lacking little in any of those dept's. Very sharp, good contrast, and the colours are vibrant to say the least. Much better match I think to the pentax dslr's. You'll get good results with the 100-300, but you'll likely be doing more post processing. Hope this helps...cheers..........Don.
thekman620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16, 2006, 8:20 AM   #3

Here is a Pentax 50-200mm sample. Like Don, I really like the lens and have gotten many good shots with it.

MT
Attached Images

mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16, 2006, 8:30 AM   #4

Where the h*ck have you been travelling, MT? That's what I call an interesting building!!

Kjell
bilybianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16, 2006, 12:49 PM   #5

My 2 cents (and that's all it is). I started out using the kit lens and a Kiron 80-200. There were too many times when I wanted something in between 55 and 80, so I got the DA 50-200. It's one of my favorite lenses, and stays on the camera most of the time.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 2006, 8:08 AM   #6

thx MT for the sample pic... after comparing the pros n cons of these 2 lens, i think i'll settle down with the da50-200mm.. it's light, built for dslr, n sharp image at a broad range.. thx guys for the help..!!!

hakeem
sickge3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 2006, 9:01 AM   #7

kjell-

That is a photo from a Russian trip. It is Kizi Island that is in the Volga River. That is the Church of the Transfiguration and as you might have noticed, it is constructed entirely of wood.

MT
Old Jul 17, 2006, 5:34 PM   #8

Yeah, the onion roofs look very Russian. The wooden structure too. But I've never ever seen them combined. Did they have a plan for the construction or did they just start nailing pieces together to see where it would end??? I'd really like to see this on location myself.

Kjell
bilybianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 2006, 8:56 PM   #9

kjell-

Interestingly enough, there was a plan. However, it does look like they just kept adding on to the church over the years.

MT