Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jul 16, 2006, 8:45 AM   #11

Roy, what do you think of the 600 mm's potential as a macro lens? Should I get a 500 mm extension tube? And could you design a fitting flash rig? :lol:

Kjell
bilybianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16, 2006, 8:55 AM   #12

Alison, what happened was that I was filling a container with the garden hose. It jumped out of the container and irrigated a single spot on the lawn for 10 minutes. Since it's very dry due to the unusual summer heat, this apparently attracted the butterflies. There were about ten of them in one square meter, and they stayed for half an hour. Maybe one can pour a bucket of water on a lawn as a trick to lure them??

Kjell
Old Jul 16, 2006, 9:15 AM   #13

Location: Hebron, Kentucky (northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati):KCVG

Kjell, these are fabulous images...Wow! People like you keep me inspired!

Jay
Wingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16, 2006, 1:06 PM   #14

Wow! What's so impressive is that you've covered the gamut of subject matter with equally incredible results. I love the bust, and the back lit leaves are better than anything I've managed. I don't have any more superlatives!
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16, 2006, 1:45 PM   #15

Thanks,Harriet. I'm not really sure that you stick to the truth about your own leaves, I'd like to se some as yor other postings are always highest quality. For instance the Aloe edge (the green mountainrange) you posted in the macro lens thread.

Alison, I think the beer guy looks very much like the singer in "The Committments", but I wouldn't think it's him, just a resemblance.

Kjell
Old Jul 16, 2006, 2:04 PM   #16

bilybianca wrote:
Quote:
Roy, what do you think of the 600 mm's potential as a macro lens? Should I get a 500 mm extension tube? And could you design a fitting flash rig? :lol:

Kjell
hmmmm, let's see, if we get a rifle stock and a ........

roy
Old Jul 16, 2006, 2:50 PM   #17

Great Pics! Skill!
Panzergnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16, 2006, 3:46 PM   #18

bilybianca wrote:
Quote:
Alison, what happened was that I was filling a container with the garden hose. It jumped out of the container and irrigated a single spot on the lawn for 10 minutes. Since it's very dry due to the unusual summer heat, this apparently attracted the butterflies. There were about ten of them in one square meter, and they stayed for half an hour. Maybe one can pour a bucket of water on a lawn as a trick to lure them??

Kjell
Haha, great idea, however, all my butterfiles are in the park right next to a stream, doubt a bucket of water is gonna do much good there! lol!

Alison
alibunnylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16, 2006, 3:49 PM   #19

Quote:
Alison, I think the beer guy looks very much like the singer in "The Committments", but I wouldn't think it's him, just a resemblance.

Kjell
Nah, when I said he looked familiar, I meant he looks like somebody I might have seen about town, not a celebrity or anything. Probably nobody I have ever met or seen, just someone who looks similar, often happens.

Alison
alibunnylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2006, 9:08 AM   #20

Great work Kjell, I have been doing home improvements so it has taken me a while to respond. This, "see-one, do-one" idea is interesting, we could all learn alot but playing around with the image ideas that come up here. I think this is one thread that diserves to stay near the top for quite a while, let me start:

Tom, your bird photography inspired me to go looking for these two:

Roy, those macro shots are hard to try without a proper lens but at least I can get close:

Kjell, yourshots of ruinsinspired the first below, and the second was due to your comments on separating your subject from the background:

These are not the only inspiration I have found here, and I am sorry if anyone feels left out. We must all learn from each other to grow as photographers, but I cannot possibly show every example here or I will hijack this thread for about three pages worth at least.

Thank you all.

Ira
Monza76 is offline   Reply With Quote