Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jul 20, 2006, 2:51 PM   #11

I will Third the Sling Shot. I have the 100 and i love it. I never thought i would after having a Shoulder bag all these years. But one try and I'm hooked.

BK
Black Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2006, 3:42 PM   #12

I like DIY. The carry-bag I bought in the supermarket, sold as a "beauty box" for lady's make-up stuff. A camping-matress, some contact-glue and a couple of hours of fun gave me this. Cheap. It's not screaming "steal this bag" and it's perfect for my carry-around-needs, in fact better than any dedicated bag I've tried.

Kjell
Attached Images

bilybianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2006, 3:42 PM   #13

Basement:
Attached Images

Old Jul 20, 2006, 3:48 PM   #14

Keep-case. A hard shell carry-on case, some foam plastics and plywood. Convenient when travelling by car or whenI really want to bring the big glass, i e to the zoo. I'm saving up for a Lowepro back-pack AW 600 tho' for hiking, maybe Santa will give a hand. Apologies to those who have seen this before.
Attached Images

Old Jul 20, 2006, 3:50 PM   #15

Lid on to keep everything tied down.
Attached Images

Old Jul 20, 2006, 3:52 PM   #16

Ready for holidays.

Kjell
Attached Images

Old Jul 20, 2006, 4:33 PM   #17

That is a great solution, Kjell!

DIY projects always seem emminently cost conscious and creative. Congratulations!

Here is what mine looks like. It is a Sumdex Brand videocam case. For the sharp eyed folks: yes, that is a KM 7D in the case but I switch DSLR's all the time because I have more than a few. I do however, use the DS more than the others.

MT
Attached Images

mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2006, 6:29 PM   #18

I second or third or whatever the slingshot aw100 or aw200. I have 200 and I cannot figure how I could survive for so long without it the last while or so. I was in a concert shootout last weekend and I was swapping lens all on my lap. I can swing it from "carry mode" to "ready mode" in just seconds. Very very handy & well made indeed. BTW the image down below is not me.

Daniel

Black Knight wrote:
Quote:
I will Third the Sling Shot. I have the 100 and i love it. I never thought i would after having a Shoulder bag all these years. But one try and I'm hooked.

BK
Attached Images

danielchtong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21, 2006, 9:39 AM   #19

Daniel, where did you get yours - what cost? Whats the diff between the 100 and 200 I can seem to tell them apart.

Thanks
nlp239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21, 2006, 11:46 AM   #20

I didn't have a clue what a slingshot was until you folks mentioned it - this forum is so neat! I'm seriously thinking that I should replace my regular Tamrac bag (nothing wrong with it at all) with the slingshot. When I mentioned something about how cool they looked to my hubby, he just rolled his eyes! I don't think it would work with a hydration pack, though, and I really like hiking with it (having done various configurations of water bottles over the years).

When I went to theLowepro (is that how you spell it?) website to check out the slingshots, I saw that they also make camera bags that have chest harnesses - that might be more to the point for me when I'm hiking. Now to find some place locally that carries all of them - that might be a trick. By the way, B&H sells both slingshots, and from the specs, the main difference is that the 200 is larger than the 100.

Has anyone used one of the photographer vests before? I wondered if they would be more bother with all the pockets, or if it would be more convenient to use with a day pack. I'm not sure if I'd actually wear one - I'm such an amateur and think I'd feel really silly wearing one (never been one for putting on airs). Anyone have any experience with them?
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote