Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jul 17, 2006, 8:30 AM   #1
TDN

Been assigned to be a reporter for a youth-multimedia project during a 10 day festival right here in my city.

Yesterday I went to see the "Big Jump". A rally for cleaner water, where hundreds of people jumped in the water, with music and street performers/ big band to make the whole thing interesting.

Got some great shots.

Taken at 1600 ISO (left it that way from the night before accidentally, but I was able to shoot very fast this way)
With the Tokina SZ-X manual 70-210 zoom.

there's 19 of them... so sry for the extremely long post but im just so pleased about all of them...

whoosh!

"happy" clown?

Sometimes the audience is interesting too ... I think she's about my age...I'll have to meet her again

From here on it's the kit lens at work.

(taken by sheer luck, with the camera in AF mode above the audience)

TDN
TDN is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 17, 2006, 9:27 AM   #2

Very nice, you are lucky you have a Pentax DSLR or those 1600 ISO photos would look very grainy, not great street photos that you have now.

The high ISO allowed you to use a very high shutter speed to stop the flame and give you a fantistic image of the fire eater.

Tom
ennacac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 2006, 1:53 PM   #3

Excellent shots - I esp like the ones of the fire eater! Fantastic

Darren
Fred666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 2006, 2:31 PM   #4

Love the fire eater photos - though all are very nice. Did you do much noise reduction? I would guess not, because there's so much detail. It's amazing that they are so clean at such high ISO.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 2006, 4:49 PM   #5

thanks for posting your festival. as others i like the fire eater as well. in the last one if you use your imagination, it looks like a dragon sans wings. what do you think?

roy
Old Jul 17, 2006, 5:11 PM   #6

Like a seahorse!

Love them!
Patang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2006, 9:45 AM   #7

Great work, event photography takes a special "eye".

Ira
Monza76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2006, 5:34 AM   #8
TDN

mtngal wrote:
Quote:
Love the fire eater photos - though all are very nice. Did you do much noise reduction? I would guess not, because there's so much detail. It's amazing that they are so clean at such high ISO.
I used none, these are straight "out of the box" shots, though with some small corrections to lighting and some cropping.

I've shot with my pentax for days without pause now, a lot of concerts and performances too, and the noise level is incredible! I'm able to shoot concert pics at 1/125 shutter speed where my friends with a nikon are at 30 or 60 !
Even with 3200 ISO the noise is minimal and if there is noise, it's not even that ugly.

I LOVE THIS CAMERA!! :-)

TDN

P.S.: My personal fav is the the 2nd pic, the one of the fire eater. If you look closely you can see that there's actually 2 bursts of fire, one for each stick he's holding, looks like a dragon blowing fire out of its nostrals.
TDN is offline   Reply With Quote