Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jul 18, 2006, 2:08 PM   #1

LBA struck once more and it arrived today. Decided to fire off a few quick shots just to make sure that it worked, so all jpeg. Taken at iso 800 because I wanted to see if I could get away with using this hand held.

Actually the more I look at this the more I'm begining to think that it's slightly out of focus, I've got lousy hay fever and my eyes hurt like hell (well that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!!).

Comments appreciated.

Only posting the one as the others all appear to have a couple of distinct marks on then. Now it may just be my enthusiasm to try this out staright from the box without even looking to see if the lens was clean, or I have a couple of bits of something on the sensor. IF it is the latter How does one go about examining it?.

Dom

Attached Images

dms25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 18, 2006, 4:11 PM   #2

looks like you might have a good copy. i had a sigma 400 but about all it was useful for was a paperweight. it went to russia.. is yours the apo or macro model. give me some info.

rom, to ck your sensor get a wide angle lens ans stop it down to f16-22. take a shot of the blue sky or a white panel. open the image and view it at full size or actual pixels. you'll need to scrool thru the file to see it all. you'll know when you find something. let us know and then we can spend some of your money.

roy
Old Jul 18, 2006, 4:27 PM   #3

If all your shots have the same marks in the same places with different lenses - it's the sensor. If this just happened, this can be an easy fix.

First read the manual to see what needs to be done to clean the sensor. I use a Giotto Rocket Air Blower. I'm leery of canned air.

Larry in Dallas
Heathglen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18, 2006, 4:55 PM   #4

DON'T use canned air!!!
Old Jul 18, 2006, 5:21 PM   #5

Roy

It's the APO model circa mid eighties I think with the 72mm filter size. This came in that fetching Cannon Grey colour. Although heavy, it's not too heavy to hand hold, I 'd hazzard a guess at around about 950 grms.

I've given the lens a good clean now and will try a few more shots of the sky with this and the vivitar which I know is clean to try and establish if it's dirt on the sensor.

Dom
dms25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18, 2006, 6:10 PM   #6

mine was not the APO version. i new that version was a lot better. there's also a macro version of this lens that's suppose to be good also. i did make a few $ when i sold it.. it wasn't too bad stopped down but always really needed more PP than i wanted to do. here's an example , but like i said, it's been extensively PPed.

roy
Attached Images