Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jul 20, 2006, 8:33 AM   #11

Hi Roy. Do these look noisy on your monitor? They're quite clean on mine and I saw them on another monitor and they looked fine too. I didn't bother to use NR. Do you use a LCD for a monitor. I know the one I use at work shows a lot more grain than the CRT's I've used. Maybe I use a higher resolution setting. Mine is set at 1024 X 768. What's your resolution set at?...Don.

robar wrote:
Quote:
don, these are as nice as the other ones but i think you need a noise reduction done..

roy
thekman620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2006, 8:59 AM   #12

I've got a LCD screen, high resolution setting, and I agree with Roy. Try some NR and let us see if there's a difference!

Kjell

Edit: there's more grain in the first two than in the third.

bilybianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2006, 9:13 AM   #13

I am using an LG CRT monitor and I notice that the background does show some noise.

Ira
Monza76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2006, 9:56 AM   #14

thekman620 wrote:
Quote:
Hi Roy. Do these look noisy on your monitor? They're quite clean on mine and I saw them on another monitor and they looked fine too. I didn't bother to use NR. Do you use a LCD for a monitor. I know the one I use at work shows a lot more grain than the CRT's I've used. Maybe I use a higher resolution setting. Mine is set at 1024 X 768. What's your resolution set at?...Don.

robar wrote:
Quote:
don, these are as nice as the other ones but i think you need a noise reduction done..

roy
don'
i'm using a viewsonic 19''crt. yes, they show quite a bit of noise. i noticed it in the other thread as well. i've also got an older philips 19'' and it shows noise also. i agree with kjell about the first 2 are worse than the last.

Old Jul 20, 2006, 2:58 PM   #15

Hi Roy. I use a Samsung monitor too. 950b. It has a tight dot pitch. I want to get their latest one-it has a .19 dot pitch as compared to this one at .21. Anyway, I ran a light NR on these. What do you think? Is it better to run a NR and loose a little detail, or leave as is. I usually leave as is. I don't mind a little grain in pictures......cheers...Don

robar wrote:
Quote:
thekman620 wrote:
Quote:

robar wrote:
Quote:

roy
don'
i'm using a viewsonic 19''crt. yes, they show quite a bit of noise. i noticed it in the other thread as well. i've also got an older philips 19'' and it shows noise also. i agree with kjell about the first 2 are worse than the last.

Attached Images

Old Jul 20, 2006, 2:59 PM   #16

Attached Images

Old Jul 20, 2006, 2:59 PM   #17

Attached Images

Old Jul 20, 2006, 3:12 PM   #18

those look a lot better. i use noise ninja and it gises you the option to paint a mask over what you do not want to take detail out of. i've noticed a lot of times removing noise actually will sharpen the image.. i think my viewsonic's pitch is 22 , i really have to ck tho.

roy
Old Jul 20, 2006, 3:56 PM   #19

Agree, theyimprove a lot after NR. (Not saying that they weren't good photos before)

Kjell
bilybianca is offline   Reply With Quote