Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jul 23, 2006, 6:15 PM   #21

hi,

just added the name of our little town, Upsala, named after a city in your country, Kjell. just north of Lac des mille lacs and about 150 km west of Thunder Bay.

this pic taken with my daughter's digital rebel
Attached Images

ejbrusselsprout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23, 2006, 7:24 PM   #22

Hi all,

I've been reading the forums for a while but haven't posted yet, so this is actually my first!

I'm from Windsor, Ontario, Canada.
hsmooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23, 2006, 7:49 PM   #23

Welcome to the forums, hsmooth! I updated mine a couple of weeks ago after I realized that I didn't have it in when reading a similar thread. I put Southern Illinois even though I'm 15 minutes from the Gateway Arch in St. Louis but I didn't want to be associated with the state of Misery:G...er I mean Missouri! Nothing personal to the members in St Louis & Carl Junction but I'm a proud Illinoian!

Nice request!

Ron
wadue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23, 2006, 9:09 PM   #24

Hey ejbrusselsprout, nice patio deck.

Bit of a running joke for me right now, http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...mp;forum_id=80

Nice to see so many people check into this thread Kjell, good idea.

Ira
Monza76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23, 2006, 11:50 PM   #25

I love the fact that people on this board come from all over the world.                   I live in Carl Junction, Mo., a bedroom community just outside Joplin, Mo., in the southwest corner of Missouri in the U.S. My home is five miles from the Kansas state line and about 20 miles from the Oklahoma line. I live on the boundary between the prairie that covers a lot of Kansas and eastern Missouri, and the Ozark Mountains, which are not mountains in the sence of the Rockies or the Sierra Nevadas. Branson, Mo., the major tourist town in the Ozarks, is about 80 miles southeast of where I live. It's really a great place to take pictures, I have big lakes, including the Grand Lake O' the Cherokees just southwest of me in Oklahoma and Stockton and Table Rock, the big reservoirs in Missouri. I have the largest area of unplowed tall-grass prairie in the 8,000 acre Prairie State Park anout 30 miles north of me and the forestsof the Ozarks to the south. I really love the Rocky Mountains of New Mexico and Colorado though. I'm editor of a newspaper and Web site here in Joplin. www.joplindaily.com I use my Pentax istDL at work. The picture I included is me on an interesting little device that is supposed ot convince people to wear their seat belts. You sit in this seat with the seat belt on and it slides down and incline to a speed of 5-7 miles per hour before hitting the bottom and coming to a sudden stop.       Take Care
jhacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23, 2006, 11:53 PM   #26

Sorry the pic didn't upload.
Attached Images

jhacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2006, 12:16 AM   #27

Minneapolis here

Panzergnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2006, 1:48 AM   #28

ejbrusselsprout wrote:
Quote:
hi,

just added the name of our little town, Upsala, named after a city in your country, Kjell.
My grandparents lived in Uppsala! I was there a lot as a child.

Kjell
bilybianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2006, 3:13 AM   #29

Been a quiet reader for while, this will be my first post.

Suzhou is anice and oldcity,about one hour drive from Shanghai. Attached is a picture I took in town, with istD+Tamron SP 24-135,

Believe me, this is not the entire picture ofSozhou.The city government try to keep the old part of town the way it was hundreds years ago, to attract the tourists.
Just try to show you something different.:-)

Aaron

Attached Images

Seminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2006, 3:15 AM   #30

one more picture
Attached Images

Seminole is offline   Reply With Quote