Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jul 24, 2006, 6:56 AM   #31

Hey Aaron,Love that bridge and sidewalk in the second picture. It reminds me of pictures I've seen of the old bridge of peace in Mostar, Bosnia-Herzogovina, except a bit smaller. How old is that part of your town and how old is the bridge?
jhacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2006, 9:11 AM   #32

Welcome Seminole and hsmooth.

Seminole glad your government is keeping Sozhou the way it was (hopefully without the overhead cabling). It looks beautiful and yes a tourist like me would love to visit a place like that.

hsmooth, I am from Windsor too - live is south Windsor.
nlp239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2006, 11:31 AM   #33

Hey nlp239 - glad to see another fellow Windsorite around! Do you know of any others on the forums who are also from around here?

Seminole - I've been planning a trip back to China and Asia, if I can save enough I'll go in the winter. I haven't been back in at least 7 years and it would be awesome to visit some family and check out the sights of China for some nice photo ops!
hsmooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2006, 1:28 PM   #34

Monza76 wrote:
Quote:
Hey ejbrusselsprout, nice patio deck.

Ira

thanks, ira but i'll have to pass the compliment along since it belongs to my daughter's in-laws! :G eric
ejbrusselsprout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2006, 2:25 PM   #35

It's in my signature.

Specifically, Far-North Dallas

Larry in Dallas
Heathglen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2006, 2:28 PM   #36

Seminole,

Great pict. Lurking around is not as rewarding as building rapport among the Pentaxians community.

I was there X'Mas time 2004 and it was beautiful. They used to have a lot of 'streets' like that . But because of development need, there were (are) a lot less (in numbers) than they were before. It is a pity that the Chinese government do not treasure the traditional architecture. 15 years ago, we saw those water alleys everywhere. Now tourists have to pay for seeing some of these. In the old days these were a way of lives. Also because of lack of amenity and huge pollution problem, the Chinese governemnt actually is paying people living in those alley /houses . And only old people live in those area - a sad thing for the hugely successful industrial fortress - China.

Daniel
Toronto
p.s. I hate to see those tourists fast boats leaving a trail of gasoline residue on those waterway. A price to pay in a developing economy. What is wrong with rowing?

Seminole wrote:
Quote:
Been a quiet reader for while, this will be my first post.

Suzhou is anice and oldcity,about one hour drive from Shanghai. Attached is a picture I took in town, with istD+Tamron SP 24-135,

Believe me, this is not the entire picture ofSozhou.The city government try to keep the old part of town the way it was hundreds years ago, to attract the tourists.
Just try to show you something different.:-)

Aaron
danielchtong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2006, 6:05 PM   #37

Daniel-

You should know that they do clean the canalsin Suzhouas well. Although, if you notice, the canal cleaners also use a gasoline powered boat. This is a DS shot fromlast summer.

MT/Sarah
Attached Images

mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2006, 6:54 PM   #38

Quote:

p.s. I hate to see those tourists fast boats leaving a trail of gasoline residue on those waterway. A price to pay in a developing economy. What is wrong with rowing?

Daniel I agree with you - no reason the vessels need to be motorised. You get to see and enjoy more if they're not.
nlp239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2006, 8:29 PM   #39

I am a relocated from the Chicago burbs, now calling Fort Smith Arkansas home. Great area and and great scenery.

greatgreyowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2006, 9:20 PM   #40

Added the city to my profile. Conyers is east of Atlanta. 20+years ago when we moved here it was pretty rural. Rapidly becoming much more urban.

JimInGA
JimInGA is offline   Reply With Quote