Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jul 25, 2006, 7:32 PM   #51

John, the ATC centre is still in Gander but no longer at the airport. There is a relatively new building (about 15 years I think) that houses the new system.

Ira
Monza76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2006, 10:34 PM   #52

Aaron

I am curious and you might be able to answer this for me. Recently I was hunting on eBay when I came across some cameras/lenses etc that were being sold in China at some seriously reduced prices, but eBay said there was no payment options from my country and I could not bid. It appeared that these auctions were for people living in China only.

Here is an example and I appologise to everyone for using a n*k*n D200 as an example but it was easy to search and we all have an idea of what this would cost where we come from.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....0310%26fvi%3D1

Is this correct, are you able to buy these cameras and lenses and I am not asking you to buy these for me or anyone else, I am just curious ?

BTW I have travelled the world a bit, but never got to China.......Yet...:lol: My friends went and said that it was amazing.
Peacekeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2006, 5:33 AM   #53

Following the thread:
I live in Lithuania, a small country in europe, near the Baltic sea :} If I had eyes with 999x zoom I think I could see Sweden across the sea :}
Verloc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2006, 8:32 AM   #54

Crashman wrote:
Quote:
Aaron

I am curious and you might be able to answer this for me. Recently I was hunting on eBay when I came across some cameras/lenses etc that were being sold in China at some seriously reduced prices, but eBay said there was no payment options from my country and I could not bid. It appeared that these auctions were for people living in China only.

BTW I have travelled the world a bit, but never got to China.......Yet...:lol: My friends went and said that it was amazing.
Crashman,

China has very tight foreign currency control policy. Paypal is not available in china. Usually, people can only takeonline payment via some local banks. Most poeple can not take international payment.

I went to some countries as well, inlcuding US, Canada etc. China is quite different than other countries in many aspects. It will be different than what you learn from books, TV or movie. Worth to come.

Aaron Rong
Seminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2006, 6:10 AM   #55

Crashman
it sounds like a good idea
when the weather clears up

Gumnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2006, 6:44 AM   #56
igo

Las Vegas
igo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2006, 7:51 AM   #57

Just a lurker for the most part but updated mine. :|

Easthampton MA. USA
pentaxistds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2006, 8:08 AM   #58

Las Vegas, huh? Looks like I'll be heading that direction Saturday again. Hope you turn off the heat for once, and hold the thunderstorms!
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2006, 2:15 PM   #59

Location: Hebron, Kentucky (northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati):KCVG

Monza76 wrote:
Quote:
"Cross roads of the world", at least when aircraft had shorter cruising ranges. Gander, Newfoundland, Canada. Biggest claim to fame is that it was a major refuelling stop for military aircraftbeing ferriedto Europe during World War II. Still a major stop for executive jets and freight haulers. Pretty busy space on September 11th 2001.

Ira

And, OK, here is a picture of me not hiding behind a camera (taken by my wife with a Fuji S7000)

And here is a map to help you find the place:
Ira, Nice hat...is it a Tilley? Am a proud owner of one myself! Jay
Wingman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2006, 3:48 PM   #60

Jay, yeah, a Tilley AIRFLO, I also have a regular cotton Tilley in navy blue (the navy hat is 14 years old now, this one is brand new).

Ira
Monza76 is offline   Reply With Quote