Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jul 29, 2006, 12:06 AM   #61

Interesting!

Even though I hadn't entered a location when I joined a month ago, I have watched with interest the different locations as I read posts trying to decide which DSLR I want to purchase. (Very, very close to buying the K100D. Held it today and want to go buy it tomorrow.)

I currently live in southern NH (Hence, the nhmom). I have watched with interest the posts from mtngal as I was born in Los Angeles area of CA and the family moved north when I was young. But, we made many trips over the "grapevine" to visit grandma and grandpa. Frazier Park was, many times, a stopping point for us. I just recently scanned some photos from snow trips up there in the winter time. Now the family lives in Bakersfield, where I will be going next Saturday for my parent's 50th wedding anniversary party. But, we will be taking two trips down to Simi Valley to deliver and pick up my son and his fiance so she can visit her parents during the week. I'll waive when we drive through.

I also remember seeing a post a few weeks ago about ages and had many similarities in age/life experiences as mtngal.

And, John, caught my eye as he lives in Conyers, GA where I lived from 1983 through 1988 before moving to NH. My son was born there. My husband worked in Covington and I in Conyers.

Small world!

nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2006, 12:52 AM   #62

It is definitely a small world! Have fun in Bakersfield, but be prepared for hotter than normal weather (and that's saying something, Bakersfield is usually hot). We'll often shop there rather than deal with the Los Angeles congestion, it's a nice community.

Frazier Park hasn't changed much in the past 10-15 years, maybe longer than that. It's still the quiet, little mountain community its always been. If you happen to have some extra time next weekend, it will be the Fiesta Days festival in Frazier Park. Come to think of it, they often have a midway - wonder if there would be any photo opportunities? I'm so bad at street scenes and things like that, but it could be fun trying my hand at it again.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2006, 10:03 AM   #63

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
nlp239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2006, 12:00 PM   #64

Lake Placid FL has been on my profile for awhile, but, to explain further Lake Placid is located in South Central FL. The guy who invented the Dewey Decimal system was instrumental in founding the town. We are at the southern tip of the "ridge," the (relatively) high ground running down the middle spine of the peninsula. Because the ridge was a series of isolated islands when the rest of FL was under water, there are unique animals and plants here found nowhere else that bring in biologists from all over the world. The town to the north is Sebring, home to the American LaMans 12 Hours of Sebring car race every March which is held at the WW II airbase Hendricks Field (now the local airport). As you can see, we aren't famous for much; it has been a very nice place to raise a family but now is growing much too fast.

Tim
NonEntity1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2006, 8:35 PM   #65

I'm in Arizona - actually Paradise Valley, however I put down Tumbleweed since the east coast half of the company I work for considers all of us in AridZona to be living out in the Tumbleweeds.

Going to Cabo this next week for a vacation and hopefully some great pictures....

My wife tells me I have more to iron and pack.
interested_observer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2006, 7:09 AM   #66

What or Where is Cabo???
nlp239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2006, 9:01 AM   #67

nlp239 wrote:
Quote:
What or Where is Cabo???
It seems to be in Mexico. Cabo, San Lucas.

http://www.allaboutcabo.com/

Darren
Dal1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2006, 9:36 AM   #68

My location has been listed since I joined, but to clarify, I'm actually about 10-12 mins west-ish from Rochester in East Irondequoit. I'm about a 10 minute walk from Durand-Eastman Park, which is where most of the pictures I've posted were taken. I've been a loyal K*d*k user for many years, but decided to jump into the dSLR pool and have been really enjoying it, except for LBA (which I'm afraid will drain my bank acount, if I'm not careful).
steve
syoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2006, 2:15 AM   #69

Hiya folks. I'm from Irvine, California. Its about 1 hour southwest of Los Angeles, in orange county. This is a pic of my wife (Sandy) and I on our honeymoon 2 years ago in Hawaii. Anyways I just wanted to say that I really enjoy being a part of this pentax forum. It is quite a unique little community that we have here. Out of all of my friends, I am the only one to use Pentax, so this forum feels like home to me. Thanks to all for making it such a friendly and welcoming oasis.

royce10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2007, 11:52 PM   #70

Bumpetybump for the new friends.

bilybianca is offline   Reply With Quote