Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jan 29, 2007, 11:36 PM   #81

This thread finally got me to update my info with my location, and put up an avatar.

I'm in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada (East and somewhat south of where Julianne is moving to). Unfortunately I don't have the fantastic mountain views on my doorstep that Julianne will be enjoying :sad:.

My avatar is the first picture that I posted here on the forum. I'm sure it will change with time.

Chris
silverstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2007, 3:39 PM   #82

mtngal wrote:
Quote:
Julianne - does that mean you are going to become an Edmonton Oilers fan, eh? It does sound like a very out-of-the-way (but beautiful) spotto live. Mountains instead of the ocean, sounds like a good trade to me!

Harriet

it is a out of the way place, but my parents and brother and his family live there so not so bad. my hubby will miss the ocean as he was born living right beside it. i like the mountains better. we are keeping the house here as a cottage so he will still get to see it and his parents.

cannot wait for the move to be over and done with though

and no i will not turn into a oilers fan, i am a canadian that hates hockey :blah:sorry everybody !!!!
julianne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2007, 11:04 PM   #83

julianne wrote:
Quote:
and no i will not turn into a oilers fan, i am a canadian that hates hockey :blah:
What's funny is that I'm a native Californian and love hockey! Go figure...
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2007, 12:40 PM   #84

I'm a native New Yorker, (Queens), and I like hockey and am a solid Ranger's fan. The interesting thing is my kids grew upin Thailand and Malaysia and they love hockeyalmost as much as I do. My daughter went into aserious time of mourning when the lock out happened. At any rate I live in Germany now and here is ashot of mainstreet (Hauptstrasse) in the town I now live in, Kandern. The photo was taken before I got my DL so it comes from the Kodak 4800 which served me well for 6 years.

Glenn
Attached Images

Lyrics51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2007, 4:11 PM   #85

julianne wrote:
Quote:
and no i will not turn into a oilers fan, i am a canadian that hates hockey :blah:sorry everybody !!!!
That's ok Julianne. Not being a hockey fan is allowed. It's being a Leafs fan that we have problems with (the only thing Edmonton and Calgary fansagree on!)
silverstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2007, 4:33 AM   #86

Hello,
I am from Brisbane, Queensland in Australia, we are known as Queenslanders.
This is a shot of the Brisbane River looking south.
This forum is so friendly, it brings the whole world that it covers, closer together.

Rodney.
Attached Images

Rodney9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2007, 8:55 AM   #87

A displaced and homesick Canadian here. Living in Germany with my Swiss husband, Swiss daughter and another daughter (maybe?) due in May.

Glenn - always nice to see another expat!

Living near Tübingen right now, but waiting on renovations for our new house - over the Black Forest from where we are now and on the German/French border near Strasbourg.

MichelleBuerre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2007, 11:10 AM   #88

I live in Minnesnowta. Not much snow right now, but darn cold! My water pipes actually froze this morning (and I live in a new house in the city...not an old farm house in the middle of no where).

Attached Images

Basement Shows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2007, 8:21 PM   #89

A hello to all from Lawrence Kansas. Its sorta like Omaha NE where I am from but more like a liberal oasis in a sea of red. Oh yeah, we have consealed weapons now too (Kansas and Nebraska) so yell at your congressman if you live in one of the few states that does not allow concealed weapons. Luckily, if everyone is armed, the world can become a better place. No offense to gun owners, I just think there are some careless people out there who feel that a gun will solve life's biggest problems. Perhaps manual focus will be easier if I bought one too...
Pentaxchamp is offline   Reply With Quote